MS In Finance - Goals - the financial policies by various governments

shelok 1 / 3  
Discuss your long and short term career goals, how these goals developed, and what you hope to gain from graduate study. Maximum 500 words

I have been a beneficiary of the financial policies by various governments over past decades and believe it can empower many others who still don't have proper access to the financial tools. I want to work in tandem with governments and private sector partners to explore opportunities of growth bringing better financial parity in the country. With this motive, in the long term I aspire to leverage my consulting experience to start my own boutique consulting firm. I believe there is an immense potential yet to be tapped in Indian financial markets. In the short-term, I see myself as a strategy consultant for a management consulting firm, primarily specialising in the financial services and retail-banking sectors. I want to learn the best financial practices around the globe and further hone my problem solving skills.

As an under-graduate student, I actively participated in events from various fields of engineering which resulted in an active role with CCA at ABC University. I engaged in a handful of activities and competitions around web development, problem statement design for Common Wealth Games and Algorithms. My interest in problem solving arises from my activities with CCA where I nurtured and developed it, which in turn, strengthened my case for a consulting position. During final semester, I secured an internship with XYZ and upon completion I was offered a full time role as a Consultant. I have had a lot of exposure to financial services clients at my stint with XYZ, including three Fortune 500 retail banks and a leading credit card service provider. My engagements have been around bespoke statistical/quantitative analysis required by these clients in risk management, fraud and developing market studies. These require an in-depth knowledge of various finance fundamentals and tools. Hence, I have felt a deep interest and a professional need to develop expertise in financial domain. I have been actively pursuing these interests and recently acquired certifications from National Stock Exchange in Financial Markets and Currency Derivatives. A master degree in finance would fortify my skill set with the most important aspect of my long term goals and enable me to amalgamate my problem solving skills with the finance knowledge.

The rigorous and practical curriculum at MKL will help me build a strong foundation in various areas of finance studies. I aspire to gain in-depth knowledge through various courses in Financial Management and Quantitative methods/practises. More specific to my goals, the International Finance, Risk Management, Financial Instruments and Strategy courses will give me a strong foundation in financial strategy, corporate finance and help me to gain a better insight in financial decision making from the perspective of the management. The excellent career resources at MKL and alumni/industry connections will make it much easier for me to find a desired management consulting role after graduation.

With enhanced knowledge, analytical and critical thinking abilities, intercultural competency, and access to world-class career resources, I will be in a very strong position to realize this career aspiration.
The rigorous and practical curriculum at MKL will help me build a strong foundation in various areas of finance studies. I aspire to gain in-depth knowledge through various courses in Financial Management and Quantitative methods/practises.

I think it is better not to capitalize quantitative here.

This essay is very impressive. After reading thousands of essays, I have some perspective, and I assure you that yours is more impressive than most they will see in the AO office. Very good stuff, here.

The rigorous and practical curriculum at MKL will help me build a strong foundation in various areas of finance studies. ---Here is one sentence that is boring and not powerful enough to occupy the spot at the beginning of a paragraph. Let each paragraph begin with a sentence that shares a meaningful idea with the reader. All that requires is for you to change or add a few words to this sentence... to add some meaning.

:-)
OP shelok 1 / 3  
Thanks Kelvin.

I had already submitted this essay couple of weeks ago. I am going to make 3-4 more applications this week and wanted to revise it. Many thanks on the comments, will make changes.

Cheers
Shelok

Home / Graduate / MS In Finance - Goals - the financial policies by various governments