the fundamental properties of the world (MS in Electrical Engineering-Communication)

sakib501 1 / 5  
From childhood I have been feeling exciting to discover the fundamental properties of the world that we are living in, and to reveal the interior formation of the daily appliances. I remember, in my younger days, when I used to take apart a certain piece of equipment. I was fascinated by the mechanical parts, the wires: the overall way these things worked. And, amazingly, I had this knack of putting them back together, just the way it was originally. That's why I used to dream to pursue a career that involves science. In high school, I used to make mini circuit based projects and soon I made it my hobby. I used to do better in Physics and Mathematics and got the maximum grade in my SSC and HSC examinations. Henceforth, I chose BS in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering when I entered the University.

I finished my BS in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering from XXX University and I want to get myself admitted for MS in Electrical Engineering in your esteemed University and I want to concentrate in Communication Sector.

I was appointed as an Undergraduate Assistant in the 3rd year of my university life. I was assigned to take the Circuit Analysis course and I did exceptionally well as a Teaching Assistant. After finishing my graduation, I had the opportunity to assist higher level courses and I was selected as a Graduate Assistant. I was assigned to assist in Advance Electronics & Communication Lab course and Pre-calculus course. While helping the faculty in the Laboratory, I had the opportunity to learn and work with various devices and software like MATLAB, NS 2, Packet Tracer, Microwind etc.

Apart from working as a Teaching Assistant, I am also working in XXX company as an Installation and Support Engineer which provides me the experience of corporate life. While working in this company I got chance to work with different types of routers, modems and switches. One of the job responsibilities here is to create LAN and Wireless LAN in various kinds of places and situations which I find very interesting and challenging. And this helped me to explore how I can enhance the performance and processing speed of wireless connectivity specially routing speed. This boosted up my thirst for exploring more in networking domain. I completed CCNA Exploration v4.0 and it opened the window for me to see the vast research opportunity in networking and wireless sector.

My Undergraduate Project was "SMS based Remote Control System". In this project one can control different types of home appliances like TV, fan, air cooler etc. remotely. At first, in my project anybody could send a SMS and control the circuit. Then the security issue came and I redesigned my project and then only a certain user using a certain Operator's network could control the project. From that I am more concerned about the necessity of wireless security system.

I was a member of Wireless Forum and Social Service Club of XXX University. I have spent a lot of time doing voluntary activities in these clubs. Being a member of Wireless Forum, I used to organize various types of seminars, workshops and programming contests. I participated many Electro Quiz competitions and brought success for my University.

I want to pursue an MS in Electrical Engineering and intend to further my research with a Ph.D. I want to establish my career as an Engineer and a researcher. University of Texas at San Antonio is one of the best universities of USA. This is a top-tier university of UT system and provides great research opportunities to students. It has strong and experienced faculty members who have been doing research in the area of Electrical Engineering. That's why I want to be a part of it and expect to get the admission so that I can be an asset to this research sector.
neha154 2 / 3  
Hi Sakib,

Ive just suggested corrections to your first para. I am not a pro at doing this. So if you feel my suggestions make sense, do let me know

Ihave been feeling exciting to - I have been eager to
I remember, in my younger days, when I used to take apart a certain piece of equipment.- As a young boy, I remember opening up certain pieces of equipment and was fascinated

I used to make mini circuit based projects - developed mini circuit based projects
OP sakib501 1 / 5  
thanx Neha Sinha. I m working on it. Are u also trying for admission?
Those are some good ideas. I'll make lots of corrections below, and you should try to notice them all. Practice typing the sentences the correct way:

From childhood I have been feeling excited about my future opportunities to discover the fundamental properties of the world that we are living in and to reveal the interior formation of the daily appliances . ---I think the sentence was too long, so I cut off the end of it.

I remember, in my younger days, when I used to take apart a certain piece of equipment, I was fascinated by the mechanical parts, the wires -- the overall way these things worked. And Amazingly, I had this knack for putting them back together, just the way they were originally.

No need for UP here:
This boosted up my thirst for exploring more in the networking domain.

That's why I want to be a part of it and expect to get the admission so that I can be an asset to this research sector. I think you can write a sentence at the end that is more interesting and meaningful than this one! :-)
OP sakib501 1 / 5  
thanks a lot EF_Kevin !!
OP sakib501 1 / 5  
how do i delete both the thread???

please help
See the TOS!

You can find out your options.
:-)

Home / Graduate / the fundamental properties of the world (MS in Electrical Engineering-Communication)