'The Japanese research will be continued' - letter for exchange master

kukuluyuk 1 / 1  
For more than a decade since economic crisis, infrastructure in Indonesia has been dropped down. As people know that infrastructure is a key for any development steps in a country. For example, a basic needs to improve a country is adequate food. But, for ten years recently, this country cannot deal with this. We are one of nations of the biggest rice importer, because we can provide enough rice every year. The most causing problem is thousands hectares of rice-field has been drought.

In Jokowi Era, Indonesian government takes decision to solve the problem by 50 dams building program in the next five years. Like a candle in the darkness, this project is hopefully can fix many problems related to food and infrastructure. The dam has many functions, not only for plant irrigation but also power plants and preventing from disaster-flood. Because of dam is the complex structure, there will need engineers from many disciplines. One of them is geotechnical engineer.

Geotechnical engineer has role to solve problems related to the soil and rock. Soil and rock are provided by nature. Their properties has been shaped by environment. They have been stable by nature. There is probability dam building can reduce the stability, moreover causing instability within soil or rock. Here, the geotechnical engineers are needed. They have to build a dam with minimum risk, so that nature can stay steady.

As a geotechnical student, my goal is taking part of the plan. Hence, I must understand clearly about the dam geo-structure. In addition, one of the dam structures is embankment. The embankment must established, so that the next structure can be built. For this reason, I want to join a research conducted by Prof. X in tittle "XXXXXX Due To Liquefaction Of Both Foundation Soil And Embankment Soil" through Exchange Program (XXX University). I believe that this research will help me understand the soil embankment behavior mainly related to seismic response. Moreover, Indonesia has high risk of earthquake. Therefore, the research is very useful for embankment design to prevent the failure possibility caused by earthquake.

To sum up, if I can get the scholarship exchange I want to take thesis topic linked to embankment soil and its respond to the seismic after back from Japan so that, the research I get from Japan will be continued. I hope this exchange ease me to finish my thesis next semester.
- For more than a decade since economic crisis, infrastructure in Indonesia has been dropped down.

- But, for ten years recently , this country cannot deal with this.

- Because ofa dam is thea complex structure, therethey will need engineers from many disciplines.

- Like a candle in the darkness, this project iscan hopefully can fix many problems related to food and infrastructure.

- Hence, I must understand clearly about the dam geo-structure and related sciences.

- Rephrasing: To sum up, if I can get the scholarship exchange I want to take thesis topic linked to embankment soil and its respond to the seismic after back from Japan so that, the research I get from Japan will be continued. I hope this exchange ease me to finish my thesis next semester.

Overall, this scholarship and exchange program will link a thesis topic to embankment of soil and it's response to seismic reaction like what happened in Japan, answers to my questions will be fulfilled and theories will be put into practice.

Kuku, your letter was good. It has all the ability to hopefully get you the scholarship.
However, I have a few points for you;

- Sentence construction, I'm not very familiar with science and its terminologies but make sure that the terms you use in your sentence is what you meant and not misleading your readers.

- Proof read you letter before you submit, proof reading it gives you a greater picture of what you wrote and idea behind it because your purring yourself in the readers position.

- Broaden your spectrum when conveying your desire for the scholarship, let them know what capacity you have to earn the scholarship, your willingness to learn and eagerness to be of service to the institution.

Best of luck and don't forget to let us know how it went.

Cheers!!!
OP kukuluyuk 1 / 1  
to @justivy03i

I am lack in vocabulary
thank you very much for your advice. I will try to be better as you told.

Home / Graduate / 'The Japanese research will be continued' - letter for exchange master