I have a keen interest to be expose to the international best practices on energy management

Danmaikobo 1 / -  
personal statement on energy economics

It has always been my dream to study oversea not only because my area of specialization is not taught in Nigeria, but also I have a keen interest to be expose to international best practices on energy management and discovering new cultures. During my undergraduate program, I developed interest in the field of energy economics and the best place to master it is united kingdom particularly university of Aberdeen or university of Dundee.

Energy economics is an emerging area of specialization in the field of economics. The emergence of this area is of no doubt attributed to global energy crisis as it relate to sustainable development. Indeed, Nigeria is a victim of global energy crisis evident in dwindling revenue and environmental pollution. This result to a search for energy efficiency suggestive of energy shift from nonrenewable energies to renewable energies believe to be more efficient and less pollutants.

These reasons and more inform my decision to quest for specialization to energy economics.

The prospect of studying in England at postgraduate level feels me with enthusiasm. I feel that developing a career in the field of energy economics would be an excellent way in which I could further my passion in to both higher education and a career beyond. It can also help me to become independent researcher and relevant in oil and gas sector.
Usman, your personal statement is short but sweet. It is informative with a tinge of vagueness in it. Is this because you are writing a statement of purpose along with this personal statement ? If you are, then this personal statement really delivers on the personal aspect of your interest in your MS studies. A word of advice though, you should discuss a bit more about why there is a need to promote sustainable energy in Nigeria. You don't really need to discuss the emerging economy aspect of it. Unless, you can tie it into your personal interest for promoting the cause in your country. You can try to explain that you see wasted energy resource in your country, offer a few examples, then reiterate your desire to help solve the problem.

Grammar wise, there is a point of important correction in your essay. In the last paragraph, say you are "filled with enthusiasm". Or, if you wish to still use the word "feel" in that sentence, you could change the phrase so "I feel enthusiastic about..." "Fill" means to put things in a container to the point of fullness while "feel" indicates a sense of emotion. Pick which definition is closer to what you want to say and use the correct word to describe your action.

Home / Graduate / I have a keen interest to be expose to the international best practices on energy management