LOR draft from employer for graduate studies in electronics

S8o1i2 1 / 2  
Hi everyone!
The owner of my company has asked me to prepare a draft of the LOR for my graduate studies.I request you to pl evaluate it and suggest changes if any.

Letter of Recommendation:
It is a pleasure to write to you in recommendation of Mr. XX for his graduate studies at your university. As the technical lead and owner of XX Pvt Ltd I have known XX for the past one year as a trainee engineer in our R&D department. His job duties include writing firmware for the planned circuit as well as coordinating with the hardware team. Lately his responsibilities have been increased to work in the design team and training fresh joiners as well. He is a dynamic, responsible and committed employee who made commendable contributions to the success of our company. He definitely has the potential to cut above the rest and go places in life.

Over the time that I have known XX, he has consistently performed his duties with competence and often goes the extra mile, doing more than expected. For instance, while working on the XX display project, I had shown him the different symbols that were to be displayed but could not explain to him the way he should go about working for the solution. To my surprise in the next meeting, he came up with a couple of solutions, one of which I had planned to convey it to him. Similarly, while working on the XX display project, we had to face numerous problems in the later stages of the project(I'l add one more example here)

He has also performed well as a team member. He is easily approachable and is highly respected by his co-workers for his willingness to assist them whenever they need him. Recently we have given him an additional job duty of training a couple of new joiners, which he readily accepted and is guiding them well.This will definitely help him hone his leadership skills.

I do recommend XX to your university and I am quite confident in his potential and hope that he would have opportunities to study and contribute to the developments and reputation of your school.Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions regarding XX's application. My contact information is as follows
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
As the technical lead and owner of XX Pvt Ltd, I have known XX for the past one year as a trainee engineer in our R&D department.

LatelyRecently, his responsibilities have been increased to work on the design team and trainfresh joiners(new hires?) as well.

He is a dynamic, responsible, and committed employee who has made commendable contributions to the success of our company.

He definitely has the potential to cut above the rest and go places in life.

You could say it like this: "He is a cut above the rest, and has great future potential."

For instance, while working on the XX display project, I had shown him the different symbols that were to be displayed but could not explain to him the way he should go about working for themethod to create a solution.

Recently we have given him an additional job duty of training a couple of new joinershires , which he readily accepted and is guiding them well.
OP S8o1i2 1 / 2  
Thanks for the reply!
was a bit confused about the choice of words..
do you believe the content is persuasive enough..if you have any points to make the content a little stronger pl suggest..

Thanks!
OP S8o1i2 1 / 2  
I have added a few points to the second para as well.pl go through it as well

Over the time that I have known XX, he has consistently performed his duties with competence and often goes the extra mile, doing more than expected. For instance, while working on the XX display, I had shown him the different symbols that were to be displayed but could not explain to him the method to create a solution. To my surprise in the next meeting, he came up with a couple of solutions, one of which I had planned to convey it to him. Similarly, while in the final stages of the YY display project, we had to face a lot of hardware issues. We had to redo the work which we had outsourced, causing delays and could have lead to a financial loss to the company. At that point in time, XX was one of the very few employees who were present in the office late in the evenings and even on weekends to ensure the timely delivery of the project.

Home / Graduate / LOR draft from employer for graduate studies in electronics