Mechanical Engineering "Plug and Play" essay

goat 1 / 1  
Somebody please!! Please!!

I am new here, I am good at mechanical engineering but I suck at writing..I need to write my statement of purpose but I Just can't right now!..

I need to do the essay this week. I need your help.

I need like a sample layout.. where i just have to fill in what i know.

A layout to an essay that will have all the sections and points/stories I need to touch on to get into a grad school.

Like what DETAILS to put in the intro body closing... Something that can not fail!

Pleeeeeeaaaaaasssee!!! I will be grateful!
SairaTasartir 5 / 37  
For starters, for a standard, five paragraph essay, this is the simplified structure:

Paragraph one: Hooker, Thesis, 3 points. (For example, "Three points about mechanical engineering are _____, ______, and _____,")

Paragraph two: Explain the first topic in your three points.

Paragraph three: Transition, (like "Also, In addition, etc) then explain the second topic of your three points.

Paragraph Four: Transition, then explain the third topic of your three points.

Paragraph Five: Restate your thesis, summarize your three points, and reach a conclusion.

Each individual paragraph should have a similar structure-- 5 sentences: topic, 3 body sentences, clincher/conclusion. You can have a couple of extra body sentences if necessary. Other than that, just be sure to mix up your sentence structure, (look up subject, prepositional, ly-adverb, -ing opener, clausal, and very short sentance) and you'll do well. You may want to google "five paragraph essay structure" for a more complete setup.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!
I think that if you read several examples of SOP online, you'll know just how you want to write yours. You really have to establish for yourself a respectable "purpose" before you can write a successful SOP. I can tell you have not formed a clear purpose, because you would have told us in your post. How are you going to make a significant difference as a mechanical engineer? Why is it important for humanity to have you as a mechanical engineer educated at this particular school? You have to envision the future in a clear way, and, through this little essay, give the impression that you have such a clear, well-developed, specific plan for your process via this school -- that it would be a shame not to accept you.

A clear plan involving this school's specific programs and resources is what makes these successful. You are trying to convince a person that you are in the middle of a meaningful, well-conceived process.

You spend a few minutes giving it a try, and we'll give advice about what you've written.
OP goat 1 / 1  
Thanks for the input guys. I read the responses and I am thinking about it more deeply now.

I will try to come up with something this weekend.

Home / Graduate / Mechanical Engineering "Plug and Play" essay