'Ministry of Economic Affairs..' - SOP for International Economics and Governance

hatrash 1 / 1  
My true introduction to the field of economics came early in 2006, after listening to Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz declaring in one of his interviews that "Pakistan has the second fastest growing economy in the world". Surprised by his claim, I began to probe into it by following up on news and events related to Pakistan's economy. Soon I found myself the realm of Economics. What I discovered was that by further opening up an economy and through effective policy management of institutions such high levels of economic growth were achieved. This made me appreciate, for the first time, the power of Economics in a convincing manner.

My years at Lahore University of Management Sciences have proven that my interest lies in economics and I want to continue studying it form an international and financial perspectives. Courses Such as International Trade, Financial Institutions, International Business, Intermediate Macroeconomics, Public Economics and other advanced level courses in financial stream of economics have catered well to my understanding of international macroeconomics and financial policies. In these courses, I learned trade theories and models, looked at major international institutions through their regulatory and policy framework and analyzed strategies of international firms. Additionally, through interactive discussions related to case studies, it was amazing to see how educated judgments can be made even for uncertain situations through decision analysis. Furthermore, in the aftermath of the 2008 crisis, we took an in-depth look at banking institutions which are based on the Capitalist model and compared this system to an alternative financial discipline, i.e., Islamic Banking and Finance.

Furthermore I have had an opportunity to conduct research alongside Dr XXX and XXX on devising the controls and monitoring mechanism for Punjab Government's 'Model Police Station' project. Moreover, as a part-time employee at XXX, I have had the opportunity to engage in one-on-one interaction with highly qualified Economics professors from different countries. On one instance, I recall having an in-depth discussion with Mr. Muchkund Dubey related to international economics. Experiences such as these have really allowed me to develop on both personal and professional level and helped me appreciate diversity in opinions.

My career ambition is to work in the public sector particularly in Ministry of Economic Affairs and Statistics. At present, the link between academia and policy-making is weak in our country. After getting a job, I hope to assist their constituent units in formulating an effective monitoring system and policies for enhanced performance. It would not only help address public sector to solve their problems but also provide me with an opportunity to put my acquired knowledge to practical use.

For that, I need to get an admission in a reputable major of International Economics and Governance at a reputable university. The reason for selecting XXX was that it is highly qualified university in XXX for my desired program. It is situated in a region where cutting edge scientific research takes place.

Good opening ... very convincing too : )

My years at Lahore University of Management Sciences have proven that my interest lies in economics and I want to continue studying it forman both international and financial perspectives.

Additionally, through interactive discussions related to case studies, it was amazing to see how educated judgments can be made even for uncertain situations through decision analysis.

I suggest you to change the organization of words very slightly:
Additionally, through interactive discussions related to case studies, it was amazing to note that how educated (or intellectual???) judgments can be made through decision analysis even for uncertain situations

After getting a job , I hope to assist their constituent units in formulating an effective monitoring system and policies for enhanced performance.

---------- Since you mentioned about your interest in having employment with the ministry, I feel you need not to repeat that here. Straight away tell them your future plans : )

At present, the link between academia and policy-making is weak in our country.

-------- i guess this is a very good point

It's very well written ... GOOD LUCK!
abhi5a 1 / 1  
Soon I found myself the realm of Economics. What I discovered was that by further opening up an economy and through effective policy management of institutions such high levels of economic growth were achieved. This made me appreciate, for the first time, the power of Economics in a convincing manner.

Change the above to..

Soon I found myself in the realm of Economics. I discovered that by liberalizing an economy and effective policy management, high levels of economic growth could be achieved. This allowed me to appreciate, for the first time, the power of Economics in a convincing manner.

Home / Graduate / 'Ministry of Economic Affairs..' - SOP for International Economics and Governance