Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

Ministry of Foreign affairs - Chevening post career plan

Praise Aninyei 1 / 2 2  
POST CAREER PLAN

The absence of peace in all regions of my country has influenced my decision to take the career path of a peace builder, calling for peace against hate on a national and international level . In I am determined to begin a career as a peace builder and have this path lead to representing my country on an international level as a diplomat. My plans to achieve this upon my return are structured into short term plans which involve gathering the necessary experience desired by International non governmental organisations through volunteering and executing helpful community programmes, intermediate plans where I leverage on experiences gathered, contacts from the Nigerian chevening community and professional bodies to get placed in peace Making programmes and finally long term plans of entering into the service of my country as a diplomat.

I plan to spend 1-2 years gathering critical experience that will serve to make me hirable to leading non governmental organizations in the country through volunteering with reputable organizations and programmes involved in conflict resolution such as the UK's North East Security and Conflict stabilization Programme. Volunteering in this manner affords the opportunity to be involved in peace projects and translate my study into practical professional experience. It will also provide me with insight on meaningful ways to execute personal Community programmes that educate participants on workable approaches towards conflict resolution. Professional accreditation is to be attained at this point through registration with the Chartered Mediation body of Nigeria.

My Intermediate plan is to get a job with a reputable public interest organizations and spend 10 years . Here my links with the Nigeria chevening community,experiences from volunteering with organizations and executing personal developmental programmes will be utilized, my chevening scholar status will also be a bonus feature helping to land me in such organizations.. My target here are organizations with involvement in the crisis situation in Nigeria such as the United Nations High Commission for Refugees. I would also like to further my M.A with a PHd degree in Foreign relations.

In the long run ,I plan to transition into the Ministry of Foreign affairs as a senior officer. it is my desire to further the peace interest of my country on a national level through diplomatic positions. I will sustain and improve the relationship between my country and its partners like the Uk, whose financial aid in conflict fragile areas is estimated at £84 million between 2018-2019 alone and collaborate on better programmes which will end security challenges in Nigeria and therefore create commercial opportunities for countries like the Uk, in in the financial sector, agricultural technology and education.

A career in peace building like all things of value are never accomplished overnight but demand many steps. The chevening scholarship with its global outlook is one of those steps that pivot my dreams into living realities.

Home / Scholarship / Ministry of Foreign affairs - Chevening post career plan