(Motivation / Methodology) - Question about the content of my master statement

abitarin 1 / 1  
I am going to apply for Master of Design and I am asked to sent an introduction of my supposed master thesis. I don'd know if it s called master statement, but I mean the one that should send with the application requirement for applying for master. The one that is an introduction to what you wanna work on as your thesis.

There is written :
Requirements for formulation of the project description:
The theme and area of artistic/design investigation proposed for the MA project.
A description of the applicant's motivation for the project.
A description of how the project will be carried out and presented.
The length should normally be 1-2 A4 pages.

I have written this and I dont know what to write for presentation methods. I also have question about motivation part. Any one any help? any paragraph that would make my statement more brilliant?

Thanks in advance.

motivation:

in this part I have written that because of bla bla bla working in this subject is very important and so on. Do you think I should write a spasific reason also, like :

Moreover, I would like to carry out my master thesis in this subject due to my five-years experience in XXX field, and being grown up in a family that were mostly employed in an XXX.

If yes, which one should I write first? my specific reason, or the one that considers importance of the subject?

Methodology:

The proposed methodology for carrying out the project is based on both quantitative and qualitative data that is establishing statistical reliability as well.

Is writing about the research methods what they asked? or I should write eg I will present it orally as well as written?

thank you very very much in advance
Guest /  
Are you writing a research proposal?
You might be able to find tons of simple on the internet.

My suggestion is, first you explore and look for something that interesting as your topic.
Then give us some details of your intention so that the folks here will chip in to guide you through the right directions.
By saying bla bla bla and XXX not going to be useful.
and being grown up in a family that were mostly employed in an XXX.

To correct the grammar:
because of.... and also because of having grown up in a family that were mostly employed in an XXX.
It is a strange verb tense. I want to learn because of having grown up in a family of...

Anyway, if you want to impress them, you should want to write something specific rather than wanting to have a particular degree. The best thing to do is describe the research you want to do. That means you should be ahead of the game. As a masters student you will have to look at a particular area of your chosen field and see what you can write that will CONTRIBUTE TO THE FIELD. So, if you really want to impress them, do not talk about your family. Talk about recent articles and books that pertain to your topics of interest.

Also, talk about some short term goals you have set for yourself. I think that is the best way.

:-)
OP abitarin 1 / 1  
Thanks guys.
your great suggestions helped me a lot. :)

Home / Graduate / (Motivation / Methodology) - Question about the content of my master statement