New perspective of life; Personal Statment - UK Application - Engineering

maurofb 1 / -  
Hey guys! How's it going?
I'm applying to study Mechatronics in UK. Can u read my personal statement and correct it?

The possibility of predict and fix comportments with a logical reasoning is what inspire me the most in engineering. In seventh semester of Automation and Control Engineering course, I have already assimilated physics and mathematics basic concepts and learned about programming, control techniques, process design and so on. However, my consciousness that I should always learn more makes me feel really excited with the opportunity to improve these skills acquired so far with an experience in United Kingdom.

When I see fast, accurate and intelligent systems designed to operate alone all my will to develop this by myself grows. For this reason, I opted for a course that covers a wide range of different subjects as electrical, mechanical and electronic, and shows how it can be integrate. During my academic life, I have been talking with professors and laboratory colleagues that already had good involvement in this area, and this converses gave me certain that it is what I can and would like to do to use my facility with exact sciences. Furthermore, my contact with electrical machines, hydraulic and pneumatic drives and microcontrollers in practical classes illustrate how fascinating is to apply engineering.

For two years, I have been working in a power electronics and control research group as extracurricular activity. At this time, I was involved with many activities that allow me to apply the subjects learned during my graduation. In the beginning, I implemented a supervisory system and PID control in an industrial processes simulation plant, which provides me a better understanding of industrial networks, programmable logic controllers and SCADA systems. The focus of my work now is photovoltaic energy, a new growing field in Brazil which requires a local approach. For instance, due to high temperatures across the year here and this relationship with efficiency, my last paper was sent to an international conference presenting a simplified mathematical model, that shows how to estimate modules energy production under real weather conditions with a government database.

Today my plan is to open my own business which would offer an automation solution to factories that want save time and money and still uses antique methods of production. This one year experience would introduce me in a perfect different ambient to be ensure of this professional desire and enrich my abilities, because learning new subjects in a new country with different approaches and people would increase my creativity and capacity do deal with diverse situations.

United Kingdom, a really recognized place in engineering field, can bring to me a new perspective of life. Not just because the professional exchange, this is already enriching, but also because social skills improvement and the cultural exchange in a country that put together different people with the same aspiration: knowledge.
w_abdulk 1 / 1  
Hello,

The letter is clear enough and formal. The ideas are in order and not complicated. Moreover, I believe that stating your business plan will definitely create a trust between you and your institution and it is a clever idea.

regards,
Wassim AK

Home / Graduate / New perspective of life; Personal Statment - UK Application - Engineering