When one does things as the heart wants thats the time we start living - SOP UCLA Design|Media Arts

JG87 1 / 2  
Statement of Purpose for Masters of Arts Program: Design|Media Arts for Learning

Jyotsna Gupta

When one does things as the heart wants thats the time we start living. And my time has come to LIVE....

Among all people who choose their work, field and majors based on obligations and some logical considerations. I was one of the few people who chose her bachelors only for the sake of my interests.

It has been more than four years that I studied about design , fashion and specifically textiles and I have enjoyed every moment of it despite all the hardships I have been through.

From my childhood I have been always passionate about colors, making collage with papers and creating colorful compositions, and wanted to lead this talent and creativity to the best of my abilities. My parents encouraged me to pursue my desires. [..]
First of all, this is a very long and wordy Statement of Purpose. Sadly, all of the words that you wrote did not help show what your purpose is for advanced studies in Design Media Arts. You spent too much time talking about the learning experience you had for your bachelor's degree instead of saying something that directly relates to the purpose of your masters studies.

With the UCLA, MA in Design|Media Arts, I know that I have reached my destination to fulfill my dreams and aspirations of LIVING.
Teaching was one experience of a lifetime when I realized that the work of learning does not stop here, rather, it begins! It goes on forever. Right knowledge with the effective method has to be put across through different mediums so that it reaches out to a large number of people. And the best communicative method in todays time is Digital Media. And by using different learning theories of media design it can lead to making effective communication wherein your ideas and concepts can be taken to a whole new level.

In todays age, gaming and mobile technology is a very important part and I feel that I can use my concepts and skills together in this field to develop different products.
I also, believe that with this ever growing technology and the usage of it in young hands leads to both pros and cons. I feel that Digital media can use an ethical approach of design and can provide a platform for a bigger research and development of greater ideas and concepts . Technologies are tools that society draws upon to do certain things it would not otherwise be able to do. When tools become incorporated in practices it tends to have a more or less determinable impact on those practices.The task of ethics in this case would be to analyze the impact of technology on practices by applying existing or new moral theories to construct guidelines or policies that will 'correct' the injustices or infringements of rights caused by the implementation and use of the particular technology. This process demands a pedagogical framework that has a strong ethical foundation enabling practicing and prospective professionals to cultivate an awareness of, and critical engagement with, value systems, professional codes and social standards, which I believe is present in me.

And I believe I have the right sensibilities towards design and the correct approach for developing an effective communication through the use of technology.

Exploring possibilities and constraints of inherited situations by applying critical thinking through qualitative and quantitative research methods to create new understanding (problem space) toward better design solutions. Redefining specifications of design solutions which can lead to better guidelines for traditional and contemporary design activities(digital media design). Prototyping possible scenarios for better design solutions that incrementally or significantly improve the originally inherited situation. Managing the process of exploring. Articulating the visual relationship between the parts and the whole.

MA in Design|Media Arts will enable me to use my wide knowledge of design and my skills of softwares to be used in the department of communication and technology through digital media design, giving it the appropriate direction that it needs. Helping me define my path through problem solving of the design processes. It will make me explore an unknown world which is yet to be captured. Providing me the wings that I need, using my design sensibilities and creativity in all aspects of design and technology.

It really is the opportunity of my dreams wherein I can acquire the knowledge that I have always yearned for.

I cannot wait to become that expert in this field to work as a talented and a great artist and a researcher with the right sensitivities towards digital media design and the environment. I really faced through lots of difficulties to reach this high summit in my life and I strongly believe that a lot is left for me to offer to this world, to the field of education and design industry. I can tackle with anything that comes my way to reach to this, very delightful part of my life. Become well educated and successful in my career and shine like a diamond.

' The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams'

This is the portion that you should concentrate on for your SOP. This is the only portion of your essay that actually relates to a possible purpose for your masters studies. While you can briefly mention your bachelor's degree and some relevant work experience, you should concentrate more on building the purpose of your application. Some guide questions could be:

1. How is your previous learning experience relevant to this masters program?
2. Why do you think you need to pursue a masters program?
3. How does the masters program fit into your future plans?
4. What plans do you have for your future after the completion of your masters program?

These questions should be able to help guide you towards developing an accurate statement of purpose for your chosen masters program :-)
OP JG87 1 / 2  
"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one" - SOP

ok...Pls check this one!

Jyotsna Gupta

"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one" Stella Adler.

To take a journey in art is to follow a path that is never ending; you will never know all there is to know or see and discover all there is out there. You will find yourself 10 years down that path still discovering new things, getting excited and inspired by the most ordinary of things, question the media to which we are exposed, whether it be the design of a C.D.cover, a window display, the layout of a room or even the shapes and lines of a shoe.

For those of us that choose design, it is not a career or a hobby, but a passion, a way of life.
We all see the world differently, and when I take a moment to look around me, my mind starts to buzz with ideas about my material surroundings.

My future, as I see it, will have design as an anchor. I couldn't possibly imagine never being connected to the design community and to a world of talent and imagination where anything is truly possible.

READ BELOW
OP JG87 1 / 2  
hi...i did not get any reply on this...waiting for your kind feedback!
My apologies, I did not notice that you had posted a new version. Let me help you out now :-)

To take a journey in art is to follow a path that is never ending;y ou will never know all there is to know or see and discover all there is out there. You will find yourself 10 years down that path still discovering new things, getting excited and inspired by the most ordinary of things, question the media to which we are exposed, whether it be the design of a C.D.cover, a window display, the layout of a room or even the shapes and lines of a shoe.

- These separate paragraphs should be combined into one complete paragraph. It is a good introduction to your statement of purpose when organized into a paragraph format.

- ... a path that is never ending . You will never know... questioning the media...

After completing my bachelors degree of textile design , I started my professional beginning with Mac Exports India. I worked as the creative designer where I was given buyers of UK and US for home textiles and fashion apparels. It was a great learning experience. Working with the buyers and understanding trends and forecasts in different ways and learning its importance. Using Adobe and Corel for bringing the requirements of the client to life and then executing them to the final stage of production .

-bachelors degree in textile design... started myprofession at Mac... buyers from the US and UK..I worked with the... and learned to understand the trends and forecasts...

With the UCLA, MA in Design|Media Arts, I know that I have reached my destination to fulfill my dreams and aspirations. A master's degree program in media arts will help me take advantage of emerging technologies for the purpose of creating works of art(textile surface generation). To study topics in psychology, human-computer interaction and media theory. Storytelling in visual mediums, video game technology and producing commercial works of art are so interesting and exciting

- ... I know that I will have fulfilled my dreams ...

Teaching was one experience of a lifetime when I realized that the work of learning does not stop here, rather, it begins! It goes on forever. Right knowledge with the effective method has to be put across through different mediums so that it reaches out to a large number of people. And the best communicative method in todays time is Digital Media.

- Don't lecture the admissions officer about something he is a professional at.

- Do not discuss anything not related to emphasizing your purpose for an MA course. These are just word fillers that will make the admissions officer throw away your essay before he finishes reading it.

And I believe I have the right sensibilities towards design and the correct approach for developing an effective communication through the use of technology to become a successful entrepreneur in the later stages of my life.

- ... in order to become a successful..

I cannot wait to become that expert in this field to work as a talented and a great artist and a researcher with the right sensitivities towards digital media design and the environment .I strongly believe that a lot is left for me to offer tothis world, to the field of education and design industry. I can tackle with anything that comes my way to reach to this, very delightful part of my life.

-... education and the design industry. ..

Please note the strikeouts that signify unnecessary statements. These are the paragraphs that have no connection to your stating your purpose of interest in the MA course. I advise you to delete those statements and follow the other markings I have placed for you. The deleted paragraphs will shorten this essay and also tighten its focus on your purpose for enrolling in the course instead.

Home / Graduate / When one does things as the heart wants thats the time we start living - SOP UCLA Design|Media Arts