Perseverance and hard work have been my guiding tenets throughout my life. SOP for subjected course

raavs 1 / -  
Statement of Purpose review (MSc in Petroleum Engineering)

Dear All,

Could you please review the below SOP for subjected course and provide your valuable feedback and insightful comments.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perseverance and hard work have been my guiding tenets throughout my life. I believe that nothing is difficult for the determined. I think I am a well-rounded, intellectually inclined person with multi-faceted interests. People close to me describe me as a person with pleasing personality and gregarious nature. My hard work and sincerity has been reflected throughout my academic and professional life so far.

I am "name", worked as an Associate Consultant with XXXX in India. I wish to apply for admission to the Postgraduate program, MSc in Petroleum Engineering for Sep-2015 session at XXXXX. After four years of undergraduate study and more than three years of industrial experience, the ceaseless learner inside me made me eager to learn even more. With strong motivation to quench my thirst, I have decided to go for post graduate studies.

In the era of consistently increasing worldwide energy consumption and major dependency on fossil energy to meet the demand, the oil & gas industry plays a very important role and so does the petroleum engineering. The uniqueness and associated challenges of the oil and gas industry has always captured my interest. My captivation for exploration of unexploited oil & gas reserves and the technology involved in bringing it to the surface drives my inclination towards petroleum engineering and it is furthered by my recent association with people from the same industry during my stay in UAE. Now at this juncture of my life, I am keen to start my academic pursuit in this field, enrolling to the MSc in Petroleum Engineering course offered by your university will provide me the step to pursue my interest and build my career in the exciting field of oil & gas industry.

I completed my B. Tech. degree in Computer Science Engineering from XXXXX which led me to acquire overall perspective of this field with major focus on Operating Systems, Object Oriented Programming, Data Structure, Theory of Computation and Database Management. Apart from the core subjects of Computer Science, the curriculum also included mathematics as focus of study and it was taught during 5 semesters (out of 8) of this course. My
academic
credentials
bear
the
testimony
towards
my
strong
quantitative
and
analytical
skill. My hard work and sincerity towards study made me to secure first class with distinction and I scored a CGPA of 8.75 (10). I was ranked 2nd best student of the university.

Upon completion of my undergraduate study, I was fortunate to be placed in Research and Development department of XXXXX. This opportunity provided me one of the best learning platform as a fresh graduate. There I got first detailed insight of the application of scientific theory through research to practical usage and the broad range of opportunities.

After a brief span of 8 months with XXXXX, I joined XXXX as an Associate Consultant. In XXXX, I was recruited to the team which provides IT solutions for financial industry. I was assigned to a crucial overseas development project for USA based XXXX bank, which is one of the leading banks in USA. During this project, I designed various applications and implemented user interfaces using programming language. Before designing an application and implementing any changes to an application, I worked hard to understand the flow and role of the application, which had taken me a step closer to the practicality of the subject I was working on. I earned various professional certifications. I am Oracle Certified Java Programmer and I am also certified with Oracle Finance Professional.

After working with XXXX for almost three years I moved to UAE-the country of oil, a place where economy is mainly hydrocarbon driven. My stay (XXXX till present) in AbuDhabi put me in contact with various professionals of the oil and gas industry; and regular interaction with them made me better cognizant of a career in petroleum engineering, its unique challenges and its far-flung impact even beyond the energy sector.

At this important juncture of life, I find myself highly interested and motivated to pursue a career in oil & gas industry. The study of petroleum engineering will be a crucial step towards it. I would be elated to have the opportunity to study in your university which has the stimulating academic environment and excellent faculty. Given the opportunity, I am confident that my academic capability and analytical skills coupled with my perseverance and single minded devotion will see me through my goal to acquire the technical competencies and expertise to build a professional career in the petroleum industry.

I sincerely believe I would make an excellent student in your program, and I am prepared to work and study hard in order to meet the high standards that Heriot Watt University is known for.

Thank you for considering me as a student in your program.
lightfox 3 / 27 24  
My
academic
credentials
bear
the
testimony
towards
my
strong
quantitative
and
analytical
skill
Why did you make this sentence into one long word? I assume you were at your character limit?

Other than that. Your essay is remarkably well-written, and you have provided the right contents. Your transitions from paragraph to paragraph also did not feel awkward. As you can see. There wasn't much revisions or suggestions I needed to provide.

Good luck in your endeavor!

Home / Graduate / Perseverance and hard work have been my guiding tenets throughout my life. SOP for subjected course