the reason of my inclination towards M.S in Computer Science:SOP for MS in CS

nitash_agrawal 1 / 2  
With the knowledge and experience gained through the years of my education, strong technical foundation, innovative thinking, and the adaptability for newer technologies, drives me to further sharpen my aesthetics of technical knowledge and that's the reason of my inclination towards M.S in Computer Science.

In due course of time , the time of the first feel changed to laying hands on programming languages like GWBASIC and C / C++ , realising my dexterity in programming and my prodigious appetite for knowledge implanted in my mind, the idea of being a software engineer and venturing something innovative in the field of computer technology.A career in Engineering seemed the most challenging and logical extension of my abilities.

Complementing my logical nature and zeal for computers, i developed an acute interest in programming and development , hence my next task in career was to get admitted into a grade 'A' engineering college, which I achieved by scoring good in the Common Entrance Test , and securing admission in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology (R.G.I.T), affiliated with University of Mumbai in desired field of interest , Information Technology.

At R.G.I.T, I had the good fortune of having a well-compiled syllabus, which placed equal emphasis on theoretical fundamentals as well as practical applications. Subjects such as Computer organization, Digital Logic Design, Microprocessor Applications laid a solid foundation in the theoretical aspects of the subjects. Practical application aspects were introduced to me through subjects such as Object Oriented Programming concepts, Data Structures, Relational and Advanced Database Management Systems, Internet technologies.

The final year engineering project was based on Java and Sql . The project used data mining algorithms like apriori and extensive use of sql database for storage and report generation.The project was called Data Mining for Shopping Mart , and was successfully implemented.Throughout the conditioning and development of this project , it extensively developed my Java and database management skills .

The field of Information Technology consists of two major aspects , software engineering which includes programming and software designing , and the second being networking which includes about computer communications and networks. This created my affinity towards it.

Softwares and Information Security being my area of interest , after achieving the Bachelors Degree of Engineering in Information Technology , I went on to get work experience in the same field and began working with Microworld Technologies Services Pvt. Ltd.Fortunately for me, Mobile Development was the field of work allotted to me, and development of an AntiVirus was my initial project to work on.

The project is known as the "eScan Mobile Security" for Android Smart phones and "eScan Tablet Security" for Android tablet devices. Apart from managing smart phones, malware detection , parental control , website filtering , this project deals with designing security policies and implementing the same using Java technologies. My work spans across all the tiers of the project, includes building the Graphic User Interface, Implementing the business logic, designing the database using SQLite Server , Testing and also ideating new features for the application.I headed the project and worked along with 4 other junior programmers.

My work has helped me gain knowledge about how mobile applications are designed, how vulnerabilities on networks can be exploited by attackers and how secure networks can be designed. In addition, it has introduced me to the challenges of building server systems, designing databases and many other functionalities

Apart from being academically strong , my interest and participation in sports is another factor that has played an important role in shaping my personality.

I have always participated actively in sports such as Basketball , badminton, table tennis, swimming,karate and kickboxing. I represented my school and played district tournaments in basketball. I went on to represent my engineering college at the national level for table tennis

I have achieved a medal in an all india badminton competition,and was ranked 3rd.
I am well trained in karate and kickboxing , also have passion for swimming and watersports.These achievements and active participation helped me gain confidence in myself and made me a totally different person to distinguish and carry myself in the world around.

With keen interest in programming and learning , I have good hands on my skill sets , including languages like C , C++ , Java , HTML , XML , Sql , Gw Basic , Pascal , Javascript and CSS .

I aspire to pursue a graduate program in XYZ University. The fact that it offers the flexibility needed for overall and deep understanding of the vast and rapidly changing field of computer science, is an added benefit for me.

This M.S program will make me more knowledgeable and technically strong in field which i have a zeal for. My coursework along with my extensive Computer science background will allow me to function well within this program. I have many ambitions for myself as I embark on this stage of my life. I believe that a graduate study will provide a milestone in my career along with invaluable experiences and skills that will allow me to become a successful, innovative professional.

I look forward to join your University as a graduate student at your esteemed department.
- Nitash Agrawal
nirajgupta05 - / 6  
Based on my knowledge a good sop should convey all this:
It should put a little light on your academic and professional background. Which you have done in your case.

It should convey the reason how you developed an interest in your field

It should convey the reason why you want to pursue the masters

And finally the reason for choosing the respective university
OP nitash_agrawal 1 / 2  
Thanks for the valuable information , am also looking forward for some reviewing of the essay :)
nirajgupta05 - / 6  
Your sop seems more of a personal history statement.
Try to convey the reason why you want to choose the said university.
Try to convince the reader to give you an admit
OP nitash_agrawal 1 / 2  
Thanks for you comments , i shall update with the necessary changes.
nirajgupta05 - / 6  
hey I think you should also reduce the size of your sop.
A normal sop should not be greater than 2 pages.
The university does not have lot of time to give to one sop.
They can give only max of 10 min to one application to try to convey only important points

Home / Graduate / the reason of my inclination towards M.S in Computer Science:SOP for MS in CS