SOP for MS in Digital electronics field

rajendranr7 1 / -  
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

Name : RAJENDRAN.R
Field of Study : ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS
Degree Sought : M.S.
I believe that the broad overview gained during my undergraduate program (ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING at National engineering college-ANNA UNIVERSITY) can be consummated only by the in-depth study that a Graduate degree will entail. My main objective is to do MS in Digital electronics field so that I can get ample exposure to the technological advances and allow myself to contribute to its immense development in modern trend.

Academic excellence has always been my primary goal & it has instilled in me a sense of Competitiveness. Since my childhood I was very much interested in the area of Mathematics due to the excitement in solving problems, learning scientific concepts. I secured 94% in math and 91% in science in my secondary school examinations. This affinity towards mathematics & Sciences made me to choose the M.P.C group (Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry) in my higher secondary program. My perseverance enabled me to be which helped me to get good marks in Entrance examinations and get admission into National engineering college, one of the standard college in south Tamil nadu in India. At the end of the third year of my four year undergraduate program I am having the academic average of 69.54%.

I had the good fortune of having good faculty and a well-compiled syllabus, which placed equal emphasis on theoretical fundamentals as well as practical applications. Subjects such as Electronic Circuits, Digital Logic Circuits, Microprocessor, Digital Signal Processing, Software Engineering, laid a solid foundation in the theoretical aspects of the subjects. Practical application aspects were introduced to me through laboratories corresponding to the subjects. The areas, which are of special interest to me, are centered on Digital Logic Circuits, Digital Signal Procesing. I am interested in learning further in these areas.

Right from my childhood, besides academics I have been participating in various co curricular activities like Elocution, Quizzes, Debates on Social, political, and economic issues mostly , Cricket tournaments and won some prizes which built in me the confidence. In my engineering study I have participated in various competitions like group discussions and technical quizzes.

The main thing I had selected UK for, qualifications from UK have for hundreds of years been both recognised and respected throughout the world and by studying at an independent school in the UK i will be building a solid foundation for my future. UK schools provide a vibrant, creative and challenging environment in which to learn and develop my potential.. The urge to obtain an in-depth understanding and innovative thinking in my areas of interest had made me opt for graduate studies.

After enquiring a lot I came to know that yours is one of the best universities in UK for graduation in Digital signal processing.Moreover I am very much interested in your graduate curriculum which can enhance my professional skills. I am confident that graduate study in your department, which is already at the cutting edge, would provide me an excellent opportunity to reach my goal. Diverse backgrounds of students, distinguished faculty and research facilities will also help me to expand my horizons.

With my good academics, creative thinking and fascination for the subject, I promise that I shall surely live up to the standards expected by your department. I tender my application for graduate study to your university and hope to receive admission with possible financial aid.

Thanking you for giving me an opportunity to express myself.

RAJENDRAN.R
National Engineering college
...so that I can get ample exposure to the technological advances and allow myself to contribute to its immense development in modern trend.

Looks like the essay needs an intro paragraph where you mention the school you have been studying at and your overall intentions as a scholar and professional. Can you muster up a great intro paragraph to tack on to the beginning?

Don't capitalize lwords that are not proper nouns:
Since childhood, besides academics I have been participating in various co curricular activities like elocution, quizzes, and debates on social, political, and economic issues. mostly

Cricket tournaments and won some prizes which built in me the confidence. In my engineering study I have participated in various competitions like group discussions and technical quizzes.

I think you should reread each paragraph, think of the main point of the paragraph, and write a sentence to tack onto the beginning of it: a topic sentence that tells the reader what the paragraph is about (in an interesting way).

Good luck!!!!!!

Home / Graduate / SOP for MS in Digital electronics field