Personal Statement - Applied Computer Science at University of Gottingen (300 word limit)

anakin487514 1 / -  
Hello, I am applying to the University of Gottingen and I have written this Personal Statement. It has a word limit of 300.
The structure I have written in is Background - Job - Why I chose this program/university.
It would be nice to get some feedback on improvements and additions to the personal statement.

Personal Statement

I started coding from an early age, I was inspired by my uncle who was a self-taught software engineer. He taught me basic programming and problem-solving techniques and helped me learn C++. This exposure set me on the path to choosing education and a career in computer sciences. I completed my 4-year bachelor's in Computer and Information Science from PIEAS, one of Pakistan's best universities. The university prepared me in both theoretical and practical aspects of Computer Science. Courses like OOP, Data Structures, and Software Engineering focused on practical implementation whereas courses like Analysis of Algorithm, Numerical Methods, Modeling and Simulation, and Theory of Automata established a strong mathematical foundation. I developed an interest in Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence and in programming intensive courses my semester project often ranked among the top in my class in terms of creativity and code quality.

Since my graduation, I work at a software company called DexterSol. Here I worked with web and server technologies and frameworks. It was really exciting since this was my first professional job. I met with clients from all over the world and worked on projects like LMS, Saas, and ML applications. My job gave me an insight into my abilities and limitations and it showed me that I had gaps in my knowledge, so it seems logical to pursue a master's degree.

For my master's degree, I wish to dive deeper into Applied Systems Development. I found that the course objectives of Applied Computer Science are aligned with my interests. The program's goal-oriented studies and its opportunities for specialization attracted me. My reason for choosing University of Gottingen is its prestigious status and its stellar reputation in academia. Its close links with the industry and its high research output also make it a desirable institute for me.
The reference to "an early age" could mean anytime from birth to puberty. It is a misleading term that should be avoided in any type of application essay presentation. It will be best if you rephrase that statement for clarity. Bear in mind that the age or time at which your interest in the field began to develop is irrelevant when applying for a masters degree. However, the personal interest in the development of your skills are considered greatly. Your pursuit of skills development will play an important role when they consider your actual preparednedd, developed skills, and potential ability to complete the degree. Go for the professional era of your development. You need not go back to the foundation with regards to your background. It is assumed that you have at least a 2 year work experience backing you up and, it is that experience that should be presented in the personal statement. Focus on the Dexter Sol years instead.

Further expand the personal reasons for your university choice and country of study. These are heavily considered by the review committee and they do not appreciate only a few sentences of general explanations regarding these topics. The explanation must have one paragraph each for it to be thoroughly considered by the reviewers. The reference here is too ignorable to be given serious consideration in the assessment round. They are looking for students who show a keen interest in the course, a personal understanding of the university offerings for the course, and a reason beyond tourism for the country choice.

Home / Graduate / Personal Statement - Applied Computer Science at University of Gottingen (300 word limit)