STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR M.SC IN ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN DESIGN IN MILAN

Supreena 1 / -  
Embarking on the journey towards an M.Sc. in Architecture and Urban Design at Politecnico di Milano is not just a pursuit of academic excellence for me; it's a deeply personal voyage shaped by a fervent love for architecture. My name is NAME, and as I share my story, I hope to convey the genuine passion and curiosity that have guided my exploration of the architectural realm. From the very outset of my academic endeavours, architecture captivated my imagination-the art of shaping spaces and its profound impact on the human experience became a source of endless fascination. Through my undergraduate studies, I gained a solid foundation in architectural principles and discovered a profound interest in the dynamic intersection of architecture and urban design.

Reflecting on my journey, each architectural project has been a canvas for self-discovery and growth. From the drafting table to community-driven initiatives, I have witnessed firsthand how architecture can be a catalyst for positive change, fostering connections and enhancing the quality of life for individuals. It is these transformative experiences that fuel my desire to delve deeper into the complexities of urban design and refine my skills.

Milan, with its timeless architecture and contemporary allure, has always held a special place in my heart. The city's vibrant blend of tradition and innovation resonates with my ethos as an aspiring architect. Politecnico di Milano, with its distinguished faculty and commitment to pushing the boundaries of architectural thought, presents an exciting opportunity for the next chapter of my academic journey.

The prospect of joining the M.Sc. in Architecture and Urban Design program at Politecnico di Milano excites me not only for its academic excellence but also for the dynamic intellectual community it fosters. I am eager to engage with fellow students and esteemed faculty, learning from diverse perspectives and contributing to discussions on sustainable and inclusive design solutions. In essence, this personal and academic expedition aligns seamlessly with my commitment to becoming a conscientious architect. I see Politecnico di Milano as the crucible where my passion for architecture will be honed, and my vision for creating meaningful, impactful spaces will take root.

I am genuinely grateful for your consideration of my application, and I eagerly anticipate the opportunity to contribute to and grow within the vibrant community at Politecnico di Milano.
There is no actual purpose being stated in this essay. It reads more like a tourist visa application rather than an academic proposal for studies. This is not a useful statement. You cannot use this and expect to be considered for admission. You need to find an academic and professional purpose for your desire to study at this university in Milan. While your essay is quite descriptive and exciting, these are all personal discussion points rather than reasons you wish to pursue higher studies. You need to have a vision for your future set into the essay. How does the university and life experience work itself into your career plan? How will the university help you achieve that?
himca 1 / 3 2  
I really love how you take account of the feedback from the consultant and how you shape your already interesting personal story into a well-thought essay. Small note, from my experience writing a statement of purpose myself and getting feedback from the consultant and reading many other statements in this platform, I noticed that it is also important to specifically mention and elaborate on the exact courses/subjects that you find beneficial to achieve such goal. Lastly, I also noticed that the consultant don't reply to any of the threads they have commented on, so you might want to consider starting another new thread instead.

Goodluck for your application! Cheers!

Home / Graduate / STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR M.SC IN ARCHITECTURE AND URBAN DESIGN IN MILAN