Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

Statement of Purpose/Study Plan for Master's in International Business.

omyb 1 / -  
Prompt:

I am applying for a Master's in international business in South Korea and they asked for a Statement of Purpose/Study Plan of 500 words. I would appreciate it if you give me your feedback, as I am quite sure that my statement of purpose needs improvments.

PS: Following the advice of an alumni, I tried writing about my motivations and why I chose this program. Then, I mentioned my study interests by highlighting the courses that appeal to me (I wonder if there is another way to highlight my interests in a concised manner). Lastly, I mentioned my goals after graduation.

Statement of Purpose:

Instructions: Please write an essay about your research and study interests in the space below. (250-500 words recommended)

I am eager to learn from South Korea's exceptional economic success story, which serves as an inspiration for my home country of XXX, a developing nation that strives to succeed globally. As a female leader with a vision to unlock my country's potential through active engagement in the global economy, I find XXX University's Master's in International Business program particularly appealing.

My interest in international business began with courses on globalization, where I learned how it connects the world and creates opportunities for global expansion. Despite its challenges, it is fascinating how international business contributes to economic growth and strengthens diplomatic ties. Currently, as part of my ongoing learning process, I am taking an online course in international business.

My AIESEC experience allowed me to put my analytical and communication skills into practice. While I found success in my role and developed skills in cross-cultural communication, marketing, leadership, and event coordination, I was amazed by the business students on my team who approached tasks with a deeper understanding of the international market, inspiring me to consider the benefits of formal business education.

XXX university appeals to me because of its rich curriculum, flexibility in choosing courses from other majors, and specialized certificate program. Besides, it is an opportunity for me to expand my linguistic repertoire by learning the Korean language.

The main functional areas of business I am interested in are strategic management, marketing, and accounting. The Global Strategic Management course will equip me with insights into the strategic decision-making necessary to achieve global objectives. Moreover, Global Marketing Management will provide me with marketing strategies to reach customers around the world. Lastly, the Financial Accounting course serves as an opportunity for me to acquire the necessary skills to evaluate the financial performance of businesses.

By taking courses outside of my major, I get to learn more about the Korean Economy and the Economic Development of Korea, topics that appeal to me most. From a least developed to a developed country, I am eager to learn about the factors that shaped South Korea's economic growth. Furthermore, as organizations are under more pressure to maintain positive reputations and build healthy relationships with the public, getting a specialized certificate in International Public Relations will significantly add to my skill set.

As part of my aim to leverage the potential of international business to contribute to the economic growth of XXX country (my homr country), I am interested in undertaking independent research. I am particularly interested in researching the role that international business incubators can play in supporting and encouraging local businesses to expand into foreign markets.

As soon as I graduate, I plan to work for a global organization in South Korea to gain business experience. My long-term goal is to create a business incubator to support small businesses in XXX country that wish to expand overseas, especially to South Korea. Finally, the dream of starting a XXX country restaurant with global reach is my biggest ambition.

Home / Graduate / Statement of Purpose/Study Plan for Master's in International Business.