Personal strengths and limitations in relation to the development of a social worker

svernale 1 / -  
I am in the process of writing my Personal Statement for Graduate school and I am pretty stumped on this section. The question is:

What do you consider to be your personal strengths and limitations in relation to the development as a professional social worker?

So far I put:

Like other beginning social workers I have strengths as well as limitations, but through education and professional experience I will only continue to grow. My strengths include my eagerness to learn, being able to accept clients for who they are, having a non-judgmental attitude, being cultural competent, and the ability to seek supervision when needed. The strengths I posses resemble those of the professional ethics found in the NASW Code of Ethics. As for limitations, I am limited because of my lack of professional experience...

Please help with some ideas for limitations.
Thanks!

Sarah
apidjakfar 2 / 12  
Hi Sarah
It is easier to determine what are strengths are than that of our weakness, so, my suggestion is that you can ask your supervisor or simply ask your friends or teachers on what your weakness points they have found that you have to improve especially related to your professional one.

hopefully it will be helpful
Apid
keitoflan 1 / 1  
I agree with apidajakfar.

I would also think about certain situations you would find hard to personally handle as a social worker. Examples could be certain types of domestic issues (child abuse, drug abuse, sexual abuse), certain personal traits that you are working on (perhaps letting yourself get too emotionally involved in difficult situations that is beyond what would be deemed appropriate?).

Just throwing some suggestions out. Best of luck!

Home / Graduate / Personal strengths and limitations in relation to the development of a social worker