"Time and tide" - SOP for M.S in Software Engineering for (George Mason University)

Mandoor 1 / 1  
Hi All,

Request to all please help me for SOP because it will decide my admission in George Mason University and I want to secure it at any cost .

"Time and tide wait for no man", this we all know. Hence, having done an inspiring four-year Engineering course in Computer Science. I would like to put to use this knowledge to do my Masters in Software Engineering. This would give me the leading edge in technology and the practical low-down and information I require. For the past few decades' man is advancing into the unknown realms of technology and science. This advancement is to make life easy and to increase human comfort at home and at work and I would like to be an integral part of such betterment. For this, research would be of prime importance with hands on experience in real time applications accompanied by in-depth knowledge of the subject.

Built around an attitude for excellence, my motivation has always been at its peak beginning my early years at the high school through to the undergraduate school. My good performance mathematics and physical sciences at high school and intermediate has prompted me taking up engineering. I flared well in my common entrance test for engineering and joined in JNTU,Hyderabad, is one of the premier learning institutions in India, a knowledge rich zone, producing hundreds of IT genius every year.

I am now keen to pursue graduate studies in a highly advanced learning environment, such as the programs offered by your graduate school. If I am fortunate to join this relevant stream at your university. I believe it would be one of the most significant cornerstones for my career pursuits.

I am aware that Universities in USA offer great scope and encouragement for academic and Intellectual development. The process of technical development is very fast in USA. Hence, USA has emerged as world leader in Science and Technology. In order to keep myself updated with latest technical advances I am keen to obtain M.S degree in USA.

I have chosen to pursue Graduate studies at your university because the facilities there seem to foster a healthy research environment as I could gather from the brochure of your department. The individualized nature of the Graduate programmed and the eminent faculty will definitely bring out the best in me.

In short, I believe that a good graduate program is an essential step for realizing my professional ambition of becoming a Software Engineer.

I also believe that I possess the motivation, intellectual ability and preparation to do justice to a demanding graduate program.

ACADEMIC BACKGROUND:

My parents set the foundation of my life and the value system, which makes me what I am and defines what success means to me I always had the freedom to choose my work according to what interested me. I have always the flexibility to grow in the career path of my choice. I was always interested in Mathematics, which made me more realistic.

. I have pursued my Undergraduate degree from JNTU, Hyderabad.In this place where the world spins on a change axis managing the challenge of change is what I could learn through my engineering course in Computer Science Engineering discipline.

AREAS OF INTEREST:

My father used to say, "Success always lies in sense of larger connectedness", which reflects connected minds and what forms the essence of Networking. The computer chip created this connected minds where everybody hooked up to one another at the flash of a thought.

The best way to test the assimilation of knowledge acquired in the classroom is by putting it into practice.I am passionate about Java Programming the most successful object oriented programming language.

I got the opportunity to work with Cisco on Lucene implementation. The main aim of this organization is to catalyze the process of transforming the entire nation into a Knowledge Society and thus says "Welcome to Human Network"..

WHY GRADUATION IN THE U.S.A

Imagination is everything. If we can imagine a future we can create it. If we can create the future, others will live in it. This is the essence of success.

I was apprehensive thinking of my career prospects in India but the kind of opportunities, challenges rewards and satisfaction that the studies in USA offers are very reassuring. This inspired me to think and dream about higher studies in your university. I realized that this is just beginning of a bigger dream. This wouldn't be not only interesting but also satisfying as it is in line with my career aspirations, more than anything else this inspires me to dream bigger. The studies at USA provides me the rare combination of accelerated growth and the flexibility to get on challenging career paths, be it through continuous learning or larger responsibilities.

Reasons to choose George Mason University:

Aristotle brought out the best in young Alexander. We too will be known by the university we come from.

The essence of university education lies in the success of the symbolic relationship between the student and his department. It is with this in mind that I am looking forward to a long and rewarding relationship with George Mason University. From the tremendous research options available here, I am confident that I will have the opportunity to work professionally and academically balancing at the same time through your co-op program.

Final Word:

The journey ahead promises to be a challenging one, it may no doubt be arduous and demanding at times. But then the thrill one gets when one discovers something new at the frontiers of human knowledge however small the contribution may be is unparalleled. Hence I request that my application be considered for admission with substantial financial aid. I strongly feel that I can match the standards of George Mason University and contribute fruitfully to the research endeavors at it. I look forward to have an association with George Mason as a student and furthermore.

Thanking you for giving me an opportunity to express myself.

Mandoor Khan Mohammmed

Request to all please help me for SOP because it will decide my admission in George Mason University and I want to secure it at any cost
To say something "defines" what something "means" is redundant, because to define is to tell what something means. So... I would use "establish" here:

...and defines establishes what success means to me. I always had the freedom to choose my work according to what interested me, and I have always had the flexibility to grow in ...

I like this expression a lot: "Success always lies in sense of larger connectedness".... your dad has some wisdom. :-)

I'm really impressed by many of your ideas. This is a strong essay already. If you want my ideas about how to improve it even more, I'll tell you this:

In the "areas of interest" section, you should discuss some recent developments in the field, maybe name some people who have written articles that you are recently enjoying, and really use the opportunity to show that you are already reading about the most cutting-edge technologies and advancements. Show that you are reading recent articles written by people who are your seniors in the field.

You did very well here!
sakib501 1 / 5  
I was apprehensive thinking of my career prospects in India but the kind of opportunities, challenges rewards and satisfaction that the studies in USA offers are very reassuring.

sounds littlebit weird
OP Mandoor 1 / 1  
Thanks Kevin Really appreciate your help and Brother Ahmed I will definitely look into it :).

Home / Graduate / "Time and tide" - SOP for M.S in Software Engineering for (George Mason University)