Home / Grammar, Usage   % width Posts: 7

My parents are almost alike

bisho 2 / 3  
Did ou ever compare between your parents? Did you find them similar or entirely different? For me, I fond my father comparable to my mother. In the beginning I thought it was my imagination, but then I realized how much they look alike. my men and my women share a lot of similarities.
EF Susan - / 3 1  
You need to correct some spelling errors. In the first sentence, the word should spelled "you". In the third sentence, the word should be spelled "found". The last sentence isn't clear, so you should remove it.
OP bisho 2 / 3  
I didn't notice the spelling at all >< thanks a lot
but if I removed the last word how can I replace it with another thesis statement ..:)
thanks again :D
BlueBabey 3 / 8 2  
Hello @bisho, here are some of my suggestions to you:

Did ouHave you ever compare betweencompared your parents to each other ? Did you find them to be similar or entirely different? For me,(this is not necessary) I fondfound my father comparable to my mother. In the beginning, I thought it was just my imagination, but I later realized how much they look alikehow similar they look .

my men and my women share a lot of similarities.( I am having a hard time understanding what you were trying to say with this sentence.. but if by "my men" you meant your father, and by "my women" you meant your mother, then I would rephrase the sentence)

MY suggestion:When comparing my parents, I found that they are very similar to each other.

I hope that my suggestions are helpful to you! I wish you the best of luck <3
OP bisho 2 / 3  
thanks a lot it was really helpful :)
BlueBabey 3 / 8 2  
You're Welcome :)
EF_Carol - / 145 39  
If you're going to do a one paragraph essay, then you need a clearer conclusion.

...share alto of similarities...

How do they look alike? Noses, eyes, mouths? What else is similar, between the men and women in your family? Do they have the same smile?

Do they laugh alike?

...or entirely different?

Maybe you could expand, by naming something different. Have an intro, then a paragraph each one for the same, one for different.

Your essay is okay as far as vocabulary and grammar, but you need to instill order! Use the four or five paragraph structure. This will help you make your point, and make for stronger writing.

Good start!

Ofef_carol

Home / Grammar, Usage / My parents are almost alike