Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Application for acceptance into Master program for Operations and Innovation Management

cosmin 1 / -  

Value/Supply Chain Management Master Motivational Letter

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am submitting this document in support of my application for acceptance into your Master program for Operations and Innovation Management. With three and a half years of conscientious studies and experience from two internships and several student jobs behind me, I am now versed in a broad range of subjects related to this discipline. By applying to this program at XXX University I am seeking to acquire cutting-edge expertise and to realise my career goal.

Graduating with a Bachelor degree in Value Chain Management, I have been focused on learning and applying tools and methods for value chain optimisation. Although this has given me a significant amount of knowledge, I would like to further broaden my academic scope by combining the value chain management with technology, operations and foremost innovation. The reason for choosing XXX University is the problem based learning and project work that I have highly appreciated during undergraduate program. I believe this is the most optimal method to assimilate the academic content by applying theory to practice in semester projects. Moreover, I believe this programs' curriculum would elevate my knowledge of value chains and prepare me better for a rapid changing environment.

While demonstrating a strong academic performance during my undergraduate program, I have worked on several value chain optimisation projects in Denmark, China and United Kingdom. The projects had a problem-solving approach and were focused on various areas of the value chain such as marketing and sales, demand planning, lean management, production, inventory management, operations, delivery performance and customer service. During my third semester, I was one of the four students chosen from the entire university to participate in an optimisation project in China. The collaboration was established with the biggest book distribution centre in Asia where we implemented lean management and were able to improve the efficiency of the employees. Besides gaining international experience from my projects, I have also spent a semester abroad at one of the top 30 universities in Europe and the best university in Portugal. During this experience, I have gained an invaluable amount of knowledge regarding globalisation, finance and international business.

One of the biggest achievements during my undergraduate program was receiving a grant for the best business bachelor project in university. In this project, I have developed and implemented a model that operationalises the customer service management process for one of the biggest automotive manufacturers in the world. The result was a fully usable tool that is currently used by the company to improve their delivery performance and continually enhance the customer service management process.

In addition to my academic pursuit, I have further developed my skills through two internships in the United Kingdom, each for a period of six months. Both experiences have vastly contributed to my understanding of global value chains. Having daily contacts with customers, suppliers and stakeholders from all over the world has helped me develop an excellent verbal and written communication in English. Furthermore, I became a proficient user of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, as well as ERP and CRM systems.

Concerning my personality, I consider myself a very responsible individual that is ambitious and dedicated to excellence. I enjoy creating relationships and get pleasure from helping others without strings attached. In my spare time, I read about entrepreneurship and success and I manage an e-commerce platform that generates my income.

I believe that my studies and work experience compose a solid foundation within global value chains, however, through your Master program, I am hoping to further develop and elevate my knowledge.

Sincerely
Cosmin, What you have written is a very informative essay but it does not directly refer to a response to the most basic questions posed in the motivation letter "What motivates you to study a masters degree? Why does this motivate you" These are the only 2 questions that you need to respond to in an expanded explanation form within the motivation letter.

Sure, you can mention your college course and internships, but you need to highlight your professional accomplishments as well in this essay. From the professional accomplishments, you can judge what additional, career based factors have fueled your motivation or need for higher study. You also need to explain what motivated your desire to study abroad. The motivation has to justify why the universities in your country cannot accommodate your educational goals in the same manner that a UK education can accomplish. Tie this into a simple statement about your ultimate career goal and your response essay should be set for submission.

Just focus on the information I indicated for representation in this discussion. Don't include any other information because the rest of the information that you are presenting in this version of the essay should be in the statement of purpose instead. So any discussion that cannot relate to the guidelines I provided to you should not be in this essay.

Home / Letters / Application for acceptance into Master program for Operations and Innovation Management