Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

Applying for a Master's degree in computer science; MOTIVATIONAL LETTER OF THE STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM

Helpmar 1 / 2  

MOTIVATIONAL LETTER

Dear Sir/Madam :
In this letter, I am going to introduce myself as a candidate for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship. Currently, I am a student in Electronics, Electro-technics and Automation (EEA), major in Electronics and Industrial Computing at the Higher Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology of Gabes (ISSAT Gabes) - Tunisia. In this letter, I am interested in stating my personal interest of applying for a Master's degree in computer science.

Computer science is, in my opinion, the job field with a great outlook. I find it a great match for my lively personality and my analytical skills, and cannot imagine studying anything else. I believe that we should do for a living something we enjoy doing and I just enjoy working on the computer more than anything and it motivated me to pursue my studies in the field and one day start my own business in it to make the world more modern and easy.

Studying in Hungary is an ideal choice for many reasons first, it is a diverse, multicultural nation with lots of fun experiences for foreign students, we can also mention that Hungary is one of the most modern and safe countries with a low living cost, in addition to its strategic location, it is located in the heart of Europe. Finally, which is one of the main reasons, universities in Hungary offer high quality education and Hungarian degrees are of internationally recognized.

By studying computer science in Hungary, I will have gained a wide range of skills and academic knowledge which gonna help me build and improve my career. Also, studying the new technologies can open for me many different doors to many different industries.

I am a self-motivated person who like to go above and beyond on any project, and to learn valuable skills on my own time. Computer science has always been my most favourite subject and my knowledge will surely help me form a foundation and build more knowledge, also, being a fresher, I think I am very flexible, adaptive and a fast learner.In addition, I'm great at maintaining relationships with people too and communicating with them. At the least, I am very interested in computer science and am sure I will make my career in this field in Hungary.

The programme gives a great opportunity to learn a lot of new things about programming languages. I want to study computer science because I want to gain the knowledge needed to be a software engineer so that I can help find solutions to the world's problems.

Well, I want to spread the culture of technology to become an important part of our daily life, especially in African countries. These countries still suffer from poverty, unemployment and marginalization, and work to improve the quality of life. When I return to my home country, I will spread my knowledge and all that I gained during my studies in Hungary in the community. I will try to change my family first and then my friends until the circle expands and the culture of technology spreads throughout Tunisia enven a little bit and we aspire to become a developed country in the future, so this is my most important goal when I complete my studies in Hungary.

Studying in a foreign country is not that easy because you have considerable challenges. First, the language, Hungary has its language, and not all Hungarians speak English. Second, different cultures. I am sure that I can overcome these challenges with regard to the language that I can learn during my study career in Hungary. As for the difference in cultures, I like to open to new cultures, and I can handle and overcome the other challenges.

Thank you very much for your consideration, and I look forward to receive acceptance message soon.

Respectfully your,
@helpmar
The first paragraph is a complete waste of the reviewer's time. The reader already knows what the motivation letter is all about so there is no need to remind him of its purpose. Delve into the prompt discussion topics immediately in order to keep his interest. With this presentation, you managed to make him irritated at the lack of information when he has only a limited time to decide if you are a qualified candidate or not for the scholarship. Do not waste it with such an empty paragraph presentation.

There is a lack of professional qualification on your part for the scholarship. I have not gleaned any hands on learning experience from you beyond the possible internship during your undergraduate course. The scholarship requires at least a related work experience to support your motivation for higher studies, usually around the 2 year work experience kind.

The application itself is weak in all required aspects and comes across as too light in discussion presentation. It is almost as if you are too shy to mention your qualifications because you do not have a clear career path before you that can be considered a strong motivation for your application. The essay has references uncertainty which will make the reviewer disregard your qualifications and application.
OP Helpmar 1 / 2  
Thank you for your feedback, I followed your advice and fixed it, I'll be glad to hear what you think.
Dear Sir/Madam :
I am writing to express my interest in the joint Master's degree program in Computer Science. In regards to my previous education, experiences, and personal interests, I aspire to pursue a career in this field and I hope to expand my knowledge on the subject as well as my social and cultural awareness by obtaining an international master's degree.

Computer Science is, in my opinion, the job field with a great outlook. I find it a great match for my lively personality and my analytical skills, and cannot imagine studying anything else. I have always been looking for opportunities to develop my skills and gain experiences. In the past two years, I interned at two different companies. The first was in the STEG: Tunisian Electricity and Gas Company, through which I learned everything related to modern technology and how to control this company through computers, and in the end, I got paid for that period, which made me proud of myself. The second experience was in ALKIMIA, and it was wonderful. U that time, I worked on implementing the 800xA system in the company, and with each experience I got attached to this field more and more. My experiment in the Computer Science field was not limited to outside the institute only, I joined the Tunisian Association for the Future of Science and Technology (ATAST) at the Higher Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology of Gabes (ISSATG), where I learned about the applied areas of embedded systems, wireless sensor networks, control systems, automation, programming. And through this club we will also have an opportunity to compete in the ISEF (Internationa Science and Engineering Fair) which is the world's largest international pre-college science competition to support students doing independent research safely. I believe that we should do for a living something we enjoy doing and I just enjoy working on the computer more than anything and it motivated me to pursue my studies in the field and one day start my own business in it to make the world more modern and easy.

Studying in Hungary is an ideal choice for many reasons first, it is a diverse, multicultural nation with lots of fun experiences for foreign students, we can also mention that Hungary is one of the most modern and safe countries with a low living cost, in addition to its strategic location, it is located in the heart of Europe. Finally, which is one of the main reasons, universities in Hungary offer high quality education and Hungarian degrees are of internationally recognized.By studying computer science in Hungary, I will have gained a wide range of skills and academic knowledge which gonna help me build and improve my career. Also, studying the new technologies can open for me many different doors to many different industries.

The programme gives a great opportunity to learn a lot of new things about programming languages. I want to study computer science because I want to gain the knowledge needed to be a software engineer so that I can help find solutions to the world's problems, and t his scholarship will open a door for me to achieve my goals and ambitions and give me a chance to become more experienced and talented, and I may be a role model for students in my home country and perhaps in the world why not. I am fully aware of how competitive the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship selection process is, but I trust my abilities and I am confident that I deserve to be a master's student in computer science in Hungary.

Respectfully yours
Noureddinehf 1 / 2  
@Helpmar
Your application is tooo long it think you should make attention on the right question of the program and fixest your goal about these application

In the last paragraph i think that's u must be more creative and give more juge
All the best

Home / Letters / Applying for a Master's degree in computer science; MOTIVATIONAL LETTER OF THE STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM