Home / Letters   % width Posts: 9

My cover letter (a dietary supplement company in Auckland)

lynn 1 / 4  
Hello everyone, i'm new here, so excited that i found this website to help with my writing. Please give me some suggestions and correct my grammar mistakes. Many many thanks.

I want to work in a dietary supplement company in Auckland, here is my cover letter:

Dear Human Resource Manager,

I am writing to you to express my interest in working for you in the analytical and testing field at Alpha laboratories (N.Z) Ltd.

Alpha has appealed to me as a leading dietary supplements manufacturer in New Zealand. The superior reputation and the achievement of your company mean that it would be a great honour to join your team in Auckland. As a highly motivated person i am eager to work in food and nutraceutical industry as my long term career.

I completed a degree of Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition with Minor in Food Science at the end of 2008. During my study, i have developed excellent laboratory skills and a great interest in working in laboratory. I have also made relentless efforts to be self-motivated by taking on a variety of part time jobs. My oral communication, interpersonal and time management skills have been consistently improving through working as a cashier, waitress, and housekeeper. I am confident to work and able to work under pressure.

Form talking to people who have begun the food laboratory work, i am very aware that i have a lot to learn as i start my career. However i believe that with my passion, my strong interpersonal, technical laboratory skills and my ambition, i can make a significant contribution to the firm in this role. I will be available for an interview to discuss this position further and to answer any questions that you might have.

Yours sincerely,
...
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
What kind of lab work would you be doing?
OP lynn 1 / 4  
Laboratory technician, laboratroy assistant.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
What sort of laboratory work, exactly?
OP lynn 1 / 4  
Help with the analysis required for the daily operation and product certification.

"Ideally, you will be able to develop open and constructive relationships across a diverse team. Conducting tasks in a methodical and thorough manner.

The successful candidate will be involved in the day to day analysis, calibration and maintenance and annual validation (where appropriate) of instruments.

You will be actively involved in the laboratory documentation and adherence to GMP. You will drive the release analysis results within the targeted timeline. "

--from the job ad.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Then your cover letter must directly address your capacity to perform such tasks.
OP lynn 1 / 4  
yes,thank you for your help.
stealthreaction 2 / 10  
Ok, I know this is not a grammatical tip, but I think this can help you.
This is one of the tricks my business professor told us. Look at job descriptions to what the company is looking for. Pick up key words from it, and put it into your cover letter. Usually companies will receive a huge amount of applications and they will use a computer system to filter the "bad ones" out. They often look for key words. This way will give you a higher chance to get an interview! Good luck!
OP lynn 1 / 4  
Very helpful,thanks.I didn't know this before, thanks for sharing with me!

Home / Letters / My cover letter (a dietary supplement company in Auckland)