Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

COVER LETTER for an industry post-doctoral fellow position.

statalex 1 / -  
Mr. VVV

Company name:
Company address

01/09/2013

Dear Hiring manager

I am writing with reference to position (ID: GGGG) at Company name. I obtained doctoral degree in HHH department from the YYY University. The subject of my dissertation is to produce a membrane protein from various expression platforms (mammalian, E. coli and cell-free) and perform structural characterization.

During my doctoral research, I extensively worked with mammalian cell culture. In this regard, I independently developed CHO cell lines stably expressing membrane proteins of our interest. Further, these stable CHO cells allowed our lab to perform structural studies, in which identified critical residues for ligand binding in numerous receptors. Similarly, through heterologously expressing a recently identified human protein, I performed foremost structural studies. Additionally, with a combination of vectors, expression competent cells and experimental conditions in E. coli expression platform, produced milligrams of same membrane protein for structural characterization. My work during last five years has resulted in four co-author publications, one first author publication submitted for review, and another first author publication is being prepared for submittal.

I am highly motivated individual, who works independently as evidenced by first graduate student of a young investigator and as well as work collaboratively on teams. I have prior experience in mentoring and training technicians and students throughout their projects. I also organized university level annual research conference for three consecutive years. Although my research background is not in soluble proteins, I am easily adoptable to new techniques and excited to expand my knowledge and skills to encompass the research area of antibody therapeutics. I am particularly intrigued by your VelociMaba technologies which cut down the development period and at the same time produces high yield protein. I am confident that with my education in protein biochemistry and five years of extensive experience in mammalian culture, I would be a strong candidate for the Post-Doctoral Fellow position. My resume is enclosed for your consideration. I will be happy to submit any additional information at your request and at the same time I will look forward for a personal interview.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,

Mr. VVV
Kitsumi 4 / 97 16  
I obtained doctoral degree in HHH department from the YYYY University

Depending on what you're substituting in, I think it should be:
I obtained my doctoral degree in the department of HHH, from the University of YYYY (or) from YYYY University.

of our interest

Who is this "our" you speak of?

first and foremost structural study on the expressed protein

experimental conditions in E. coli expression platform

Should there be a "the" between "in" and "E. coli"? Alternatively, do you mean to say "experimental conditions in E. coli expression platforms "?

four co-author publications and two first author publications submitted for review.

Switch the order around, so the more relevant (two first author publications) are read first.

I will look forward for a personal interview.

Can you "like" my posts please? Thank you.

Home / Letters / COVER LETTER for an industry post-doctoral fellow position.