Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Cover letter for postdoc position in neuroscience

kevin424 1 / 1  
Please help me with a cover letter for a postdoctoral position in neuroscience.
Any comments, corrections or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

#####################

Dear Professor ---,

It is my great pleasure to have a chance to write to you. I am writing this letter to inquire about the possibility of a postdoctoral research associate opportunity in your laboratory.

My name is ---. I am working as a postdoctoral researcher in the --- Laboratory of Prof. --- in --- University. I majored in Biomedical Engineering and have received Ph.D degree at --- University in February 2013.

My dissertation title is "---". During my Ph.D. program, I was involved in researches relating to electrically-stimulated neuronal activities of retinal ganglion cells of normal and photoreceptor-degenerated retina. Currently, I am participating in researches of deep brain stimulation for ---- and ---- and these researches have given me additional experiences and technical training in in-vivo experiments. I am skilled in recording and processing of neural signals with Matlab and related softwares. My research has been focused on the development of effective stimulation strategy based on understandings of neuronal activities. I am particularly interested in your work on ---, and therefore, I would very much like to learn more of your research fields and to pursue my study in your research field.

Being well aware of your outstanding academic accomplishments, I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with an opportunity to continue my studies as the postdoctoral position as a part of the team under your supervision. I believe that my research activities and techniques will be suitable for your research field and also the experience in your group will be able to provide necessary opportunities for my research careers. Enclosed is my curriculum vitae with pdf file for your close review. If you need additional materials or information, I am happy to supply it.

Thank you very much for your consideration and looking forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

---
OP kevin424 1 / 1  
Thank you very much for your comments!

Home / Letters / Cover letter for postdoc position in neuroscience