Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Help improve my Motivation Letter for Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering

l_inaaaa 1 / -  

letter of Motivation

Dear Sir or Madam
I am writing to express my sincere interest in pursuing a Master's degree in Environmental Engineering at the (uni's name). After completing my Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and gaining over four years of experience in the civil construction industry, I have a greater understanding behind the built industry. It is however, my deep interest in environmental care and my curiosity about the technology and systems that harmoniously integrate society and the natural environment, that fuels my motivation to pursue further education in this branch of field. I am enthusiastic about expanding and strengthening my existing knowledge by specializing in environmental engineering, as I hope that it will provide me a better understanding of the environmental challenges and how to address it in today's world.

Over the past four years, my professional experience has primarily revolved around project management, civil and architectural construction, and infrastructure maintenance. During this time, a particular incident stood out, providing me with firsthand exposure to the intersection of waste management, environmental engineering and the construction industry. The incident involved addressing toxic waste discovered in the underground infrastructure. This experience shed light on the prevalence of toxicity in the built environment and sparked my curiosity about (city's name) waste and water management systems. Given the limited land availability and high population density in a city like (city's name), effective management of water supply and waste becomes even more crucial.

As I explore the topics relating to the environmental science and water resources management, my awareness of the urgent environmental issues plaguing our planet deepened. It became clear to me that my desire to create a meaningful impact aligned perfectly with the field of environmental engineering. Despite my attempts to apply directly for jobs related to environmental engineering, I recognize that there is a distinction between these two fields and I am fully aware of the knowledge gap that I need to bridge in order to make a confident and successful transition. I am also keen to intern in an environmental engineering position in a company while doing my masters.
It is quite unfortunate that you do not realize the intention of a motivational letter and it could help with your masters degree application. Your desire to protect your personal information was useless in this case. Proctecting your name and other data does not serve a purpose when you did not write a motivational letter anyway, so the reviewer will not have any interest in your background of any sort. Just as I was not impressed by this biographical letter. Only the final paragraph came close to being a motivational insight into your reasons for applying to the course. Yet, this was the very part that you felt should be ignored in your letter. Too bad.

Home / Letters / Help improve my Motivation Letter for Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering