Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Why are you interested in a position and career at Tasty Food company?

myngoc311 5 / 18 5  
Hi everyone,

I majored in Chemical Engineering and decided to pursue Food Engineering Path. This company ask why I chose the position of Food Science Internship. There is no limit on word, but short answer is preferred. Any help would be appreciated.

Q: Why are you interested in a position and career at I?

Note:
I: company name
E: person name
R: gelato brand

my passion for chemical engineering and a tasty food

A:
Recently, I came across an article about I helping E scale-up his R production. It immediately resonated with me, as for the past 3 years Georgia Tech, I invested in learning product design to scale-up processes while optimizing production quality. Meanwhile, at home, I spent a majority of my free time on discovering new healthy recipes and learning how ingredients affect taste and texture of a dish. Working at I would be a great opportunity for me to incorporate my two passions, chemical engineering and great tasting healthy food.

I feel like I am answering off topic, but I would like to hear other opinions. Also, the flow is not so smooth, so if you think I should rewrite a sentence, please let me know.
Your response is a bit confusing. Are you still a student at Georgia Tech? Are you applying for a part-time position? Since the question relates to a specific position at the company and the potential for a long term career, I do not feel like your response is appropriate. The short answer should show the reviewer that you are familiar with the work that the company does and that your skills are aligned with the needs of the company, specifically in the position you are applying for. There is no reference as to why you would want to have a career at the company aside from learning reasons. The company, from the way the questions are presented, is looking for someone who is willing to stay long-term with the company and grow with them. The company is not looking to hire someone who will only use their facilities as a teaching and learning tool. You need to rethink your response to show that you want to work at the company long term and that your interest in the position is more on the long term profession side instead of the learning situation you are showcasing in this response statement. Back to the drawing board. Rethink your response in relation to a long-term career consideration. That is what the company is looking for in its applicants.

Home / Letters / Why are you interested in a position and career at Tasty Food company?