Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

MATHEMATICS QUEEN OF SCIENCE- MOTIVATION LETTER

winnner2011 1 / -  
IF SOMEBODY CHECK MY MOTIVATION LETTER I WOULD BE SO THANKFUL. IT'S URGENT. MY DEADLINE IS 13TH.

Dear sir/madam

I am writing to apply for XXX master program. I graduated from XXX university in Pure Mathematics in November 2010.

I have always been keen on mathematics. Mathematical proof was the first point attracted me. "Why?", "Why we do this?"; These were the questions I always asked since I was a little child which were not often answered. But in mathematics there were always definite answers to my why-questions which satisfied my curiosity. My tendency to challenge led me to solve new complicated problems. Since there was no bookshop in our town to buy mathematical books, I used to prove the theorems in my textbook which were not proved. My passion for mathematics stimulated me to choose mathematics to study in university.

Being acquainted with different branches of mathematics, I have gained a deeper insight into mathematics. Algebra, Number Theory, Linear Algebra and Geometry are my favourite. I am fascinated by the way we transcend human capabilities and state Natural Numbers Set as countable, although human cannot count it.One of the properties of mathematics is connections between its different branches and relation between mathematics and real world which sparks my interest. For instance, pure topics such as Rings and Fields drive into proving an evidential statement like "We cannot construct a septagon with using compass and straightedge."

During my undergraduate study, I was an active student. I was professor aide in problem solving section in linear algebra and number theory. My responsibilities were to solve various problems about the topic for students, to supervise students learning and to evaluate their work. Furthermore, I was a mathematics tutor. I gave private lessons in Basic Mathematics, Engineering Mathematics, Differential Calculus and Statistics to undergraduate students of other fields like management, accountancy, engineering and statistics. These experiences improved my leadership, responsibility, creativity and team work skills

Working all through my study and earning all my educational and living expenses, I achieved independence, time management and optimum acting in tough conditions. I am a determined and industrious person. Although I grew up in XXX (located in XXX province, one of the four deprived provices of XXX) which had slight educational facilities, such circumstances did not prevent me gaining and learning the entities I liked. I learned English and playing XXX (one of the traditional musical instrumens of XXX) by myself.

After completing my master course, I will pursue my studies in the field of algebra or number theory. My ultimate aim concers returning to XXX to work in a mathematical research institute or university as a researcher or a professor so that I would be able to utilize the experiences I obtained overseas in an international environment particularly to succour keen students and to raise mathematical research level in XXX, and in general to assist mathematics development in the world. Regarding the researches I did including talking to XXX alumni, I found XXX master course a good opportunity to gain a deeper knowledge in algebra and number theory.

I grew up in the south of XXX. One of the reasons I opted XXX University in the north of XXX was my interest in acquainting with a different culture. Culture is much the same as a function approximation method. Culture gives an approximation of ideal society of human beings, a society where everything is uptimum. The ideal entities of human play the role of chain points. Human development and determining further ideal entities result in chain points growth in quantity and as a result a more precise approximation. Disparate cultures resemble different approximation methods which despite havivg the same chain points may give an approximation of ideal society with diverse methods. That is why I think acquaintance with diverse cultures enables me to use more dissimilar and efficient ways to attain a better society. Hence, XXX program provides a great opportunity for me to become familiar with other cultures, to acquire an improved world view and to pursue learning other languages efficiently in addition to study at advanced universities.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely

XXX XXX

Isn't it too long? Is there a better word instead of "make an approximation"? or professors aide or give private lessons?

thank you very much
I have always been keen onhad a great passion for mathematics. Mathematical proof was the first point attracted meIts analytical and logical approach had been the main reason why I was so attracted to this subject. "Why?", "Why we do this?"; These were the questions I always asked my self since I was a little child for which werenotI often did not have answersanswered . But in mathematics there were always provided definite answers to my why-questions which satisfied my curiosity. My tendency to challengeThis challenging nature of mine led me to solve new complicated problems. Since there was no bookshop in our town to buy mathematical books, I used to prove the theorems in my textbook which were not proved. My passion for mathematics stimulated me to choose mathematics to study in universitypursue my tertiary education in Mathematics .
I don't think you should start with "I have always been"... that is what all students do! Everyone has always been interested in such and such...

It would be intriguing if it began with the second sentence. Then, the first will go without daying:

I have always been keen on mathematics. Mathematical proof was the first point attracted me. "Why? Why we do this?" These were ...---Don't use commas and semi-colons if you have used a question mark. Question marks are punctuation marks, able to end sentences.

I like this part! ----> Since there was no bookshop in our town to buy mathematical books, I used to prove the theorems in my textbook which were not proved.

My passion for mathematics stimulated me to choose mathematics to study in university. statement of the obvious. Say only interesting things. :-) I bet you have a lot of interesting things to say.

Watch out for the typo here:
... traditional musical instrumens of XXX) by myself.

And here... concers returning to ...

... where everything is optimum .
despite havivg having the ...

:-)

Home / Letters / MATHEMATICS QUEEN OF SCIENCE- MOTIVATION LETTER