Home / Letters % width Posts: 2

Mathematics and technology - motivation letter to a german university

sara1999 1 / -  
Dear Admissions Committee,

I hope this message is finding you well. My name is Sara and I would like to apply for the master program in data science at the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg for the 2024 winter semester. I recently graduated as an industrial engineer from the National Higher School of Engineers of Tunis.

Mathematics and technology have fascinated me for as long as I can remember. It has been a dream of mine to one day develop something revolutionary and unprecedented. That's the reason why I have decided to study industrial engineering in order to get a closer insight into innovative technology and the possibility of working on outstanding industrial research topics.

The curriculum of my engineering degree studies includes physics, algebra, statistics and probability, operational research, management, and numerical methods in engineering. I also gained deeper and deeper knowledge in the field of computer science. Having courses on subjects like C, Python, and Oracle helped me to develop a very structured and logical way of thinking.

Furthermore, I worked as an intern in the trading department at Integration Objects in Tunis. I was tasked with developing strategies to trade commodities, specifically gold and crude oil. I backtested a range of strategies based on technical indicators using historical data. In addition, I applied risk management techniques, and I achieved great results. This experience was eye-opening for me since it has shown me how we can solve problems using data science. Which made me Eager to learn more about it and to enhance my skills in this branch. After seeing that data technology has the potential to transform societies, I've decided to spend the rest of my life there. I think we are just getting started with the technology revolution, and we have a long way to go. With a strong educational background in mathematics, problem solving, and a passion for programming, I think I am a very suitable candidate for this program.

In my master degree program, I would like to combine my spirit of discovery and my lust for learning by studying abroad. Germany is my country of choice because of its outstanding educational system. Moreover, the research and the development around futuristic technologies like big data, deep learning, and AI are surpassing in Germany. Due to that, I would be in a better position to acquire knowledge, enhance my skill set, and discover new horizons of creativity.

I chose FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg University because I have confidence in its culture of research projects and the wide range of courses around data science from Data-based optimization, Simulation and Numerics and Machine learning. I firmly believe that your master program in data science offers the perfect blend of courses that will provide a solid foundation for my future career in my favorite field.

In conclusion, I am aware of the competitiveness of obtaining admission to this master's program, but I have the ability, ambition, and motivation to excel at the university. I am eager to gain new experiences and advanced knowledge. I am positive that a master degree of data science at Friedrich-Alexander University would be an excellent start for my ambitious career.

I will be happy to provide any further information or documents if required. I look forward to your positive response. Thank you for your time and consideration.

sincerely

Sara
Paragraphs 3 and 4 are out of place in this presentation. You do not need to give a summarized academic biography in a motivation letter. The focus of the letter should be on your future career plans and how these studies can help you achieve the fast track to your professional needs. Once the 2 paragraphs are removed, the essay actually becomes even weaker than it originally was. You have to engage the reviewer by informing him about how your career interests will benefit from the German training that you wish to receive. Do not summarize it in the presentation. Extend it. Make sure that your motivation to study is exciting and a real career changer for you in the presentation.

Home / Letters / Mathematics and technology - motivation letter to a german university