Home / Letters   % width NEW!

LETTER OF MOTIVATION -ERASMUS MUNDUS MASTER COURSE IN NANO TECHNOLOGY

diwesh 1 / -  
Hello Everyone,
I'm writing my motivation letter for Erasmus Mundus master course in nano science and nano technology . Could you please take a look at my letter? Don't hesitate, to correct, cut or paste whatever you feel is needed. Thanks so much!!!

Nano Science and Nano Technology Course

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am applying to your Erasmus Mundus Master program of "Nanoscience and Nanotechnology" with specialization in "Nanoelectronics" starting in September 2012.I wish in particular to be trained at an advanced level in various applied Nano electronics fields. My ultimate goal is to become an expert researcher in molecular electronics. I believe that advanced training in a graduate program of good quality will help me to realize my dream.

Having enjoyed doing physics and mathematics right from high school, I succeeded in the engineering entrance examinations and established myself as one amongst the top students of the nation and continued my academic career with the study of "Electronics and communication engineering" at Kumaun university Nainital. In June 2009 I graduated with a Bachelor of engineering degree,First Class. In the pursuit of knowledge , I have always adopted a rigorous approach in order to attain an in-depth understanding of the subject at hand. This has amply reflected in my consistent academic career, always coming in top students in my class and having won merit Scholarship and several awards.

During my undergraduate years I was fascinated to subjects Microprocessor design,Analog and digital electronics,VLSI design and computer architecture. I did many projects using Microcontrollers,CPLD,FPGA and NI Lab View. Besides courses listed on my transcript, I did a lot of experiments related to these courses. My major project in undergraduate study proposed an adaptive traffic system with which would make travel convenient and safe. Due to my comprehensive specialized knowledge, I was appointed as the team leader. My duty was to implement the data communication between RF transmitter and receiver using hamming code. The project was adjudged the best project in college and later it was published in ICCAE 2010 Singapore an IEEE sponsored conference.

My first exposure to the Nano technology was with the courses semiconductor physics and VLSI in my undergraduate study. As the semiconductor technology is advancing in such a rapid pace today we have reached at the molecular level. But despite of the advances in technology, there remains much to learn and a lot to research. After having a decent industry experience I am well acquainted with the fascinating field of Nano electronics. I want to study at your university and focus on Molecular scale electronics because that allows me to combine my interests in learning more about applied Nano electronics as well as investigating new device models. I wish to delve deeper into the subjects to be able to carry out independent research and analysis and to follow it up with a PhD or serve in a research institution

It was my passion for semiconductor research and microelectronics that brought me in the prestigious research company in the world "IBM" as a research engineer . I've been working here for two years in its microelectronics division Bangalore. I've worked here on back end physical design and methodology development for physical design tools. I had the opportunity to learn various IBM EDA tools and various other industry tools such as chip edit,chip bench einstimer, Booldozer,ModelSim, Synopsys-VCS, Xilinx ISE, Design compiler etc. Currently I am team lead for the technology enablement team here in India and am responsible to develop methodology for power routing at 22nm and 14 nm technologies. My hard work and innovation paved the way and I stood among top performer of the year in 2010-11.

My passion for Nano electronics is not limited to my research work at IBM. I am fortunate to have an exciting opportunity to be part of no. 1 Indian research institute "Indian Institute of Science" Bangalore. I've joined the proficiency course "physics of micro fabrication and nanotechnology". This course includes study of physical phenomena in microscopy and fabrication process, electron optics and interaction, physical properties of NEMs & MEMs devices and lab work as well. I regularly meet my fellow researchers and professor from whom I learn much about insight in Nano electronics and its applications. Moreover, this course is an excellent preparation for your program and an important milestone in my young career. I am a freelance electronics hobbyist as well,in my spare time I usually make small projects using FPGA and micro controllers.

Being an enthusiastic student who likes to take up challenges, the Erasmundus Mundus masters program is an optimum course as it will equip me with the right skill sets to step into the exciting domain of Nano electroniocs. Obtaining admission to this program, jointly offered by Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and Technische Universität Dresden (where I am applying for my 2nd year study), both leading academic institutions with a global repute for research, will provide me with the perfect opportunity to convert passion into profession. From speaking with students and professors from your university and other universities, I am confident of my decision. With many distinguished scientists as professors, I know that I will gain expert knowledge at the forefront of discovery. It will provide me with the incentive, experience and proficiency to develop myself into a successful proponent of a subject which has abundant potential.

Given my past history of commitment to excellence, I am confident that I will bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm to your program. I will enrich the program by enabling fellow students and professors to benefit from my ambitious and open nature. Furthermore, my international background and vast working experience will add more diversity to your program.

Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to your acceptance.

Sincerely yours,

Home / Letters / LETTER OF MOTIVATION -ERASMUS MUNDUS MASTER COURSE IN NANO TECHNOLOGY