Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

Perseverance, sincerity and thirst for knowledge have always been the hallmark of his personality.

nalexc 1 / 1  
Letter of recommendation - Master program in Energy Engineering

Any help for reviewing this letter? Thanks a lot.

To whom it may concern,

I have no hesitation in writing this letter of recommendation for X to accompany his application for the Master program in Energy Engineering at X University. I have had the pleasure of getting to know X over the course of the last two years.

...
To whom it may concern,

Capitalize every word when you do the opening salutation.

I have an idea for improving the way this sentence feels on the reader's mind:
I have no hesitation in writing this letter of recommendation for to recommend X to accompany his application for the Master program in Energy...

Always try to improve writing by saying what you have to say in fewer words. Good writing hits hard with no more words than necessary. Hah, it's funny that I just redundantly wrote 2 sentences to express that same idea about not using more words than necessary. : ) And now I'm digressing, which is another way more words than necessary are used. I'm a blatant hypocrite. But still, consider doing this:

I have had the pleasure of getting to know X over the course of the last t For the past two years, I have observed him to be I found in him a keen student of the subject of Electrotechnical Engineering.

X, is a reliable and disciplined person. --- Don't put a comma after the name.

Hmm... this is all too vague and abstract. Can you add some more specific examples? One great writing strategy is: "Show, don't tell..."
lynzee22 - / 90 37  
He was dedicated to his assignments given to him and finished them on time.

X, is a reliable and disciplined person. Further he has the capacity of adapting himself to the new and challenging environment. His logical, analytical view of every problem he has faced until now proves to me that he will be great in anything he chooses to do.

This paragraph repeats a lot of the ideas in the one before it. I would try to combine this one and maybe find a few more examples of how he is a dedicated student. Ex, how are his leadership skills? Does he participate in class? How are his writing skills? Is he attentive to detail? Things like that
OP nalexc 1 / 1  
I accept all the observations, I admit that I've made the letter on the run and I've not paid a proper attention.
Thanks a lot for reviewing it.

To Whom It May Concern,

It is my great pleasure and privilege to write this letter to recommend X for the Master program in Energy Engineering at [...]. I first met x two years ago during the Electrotechnical Engineering laboratory classes that I am coordinating at X.

X showed a great interest to studying in my class. He asked everything what was not clear enough for him and we always fully clarified the presented principles, basically because he has a logical, math oriented mind. His alertness in the classroom and his involvement in practical experiments were indicative of his abiding interest in the subject. He was dedicated to his assignments and finished them on time.

He has excellent social skills and is greatly appreciated by Faculty members and students alike. He is able to work independently, as well as in teams to responsibly arrive at balanced conclusions.

With full confidence in his abilities, I strongly recommend X for his studies in your esteemed University, and with absolutely no reservation, I believe he is an excellent choice for your Master program in Energy Engineering

Home / Letters / Perseverance, sincerity and thirst for knowledge have always been the hallmark of his personality.