Home / Letters   % width Posts: 4

FSU Resume; 'letterman on my high school football team'

Sportjag 1 / 1  
Please provide a résumé of your high school years (no more than two pages or 1000 words). You may wish to include:

-Extracurricular, personal, and volunteer activities; community service work; and employment.
-Any special talents and awards that you have received.
-Any programs that you participated in to help prepare you for college (e.g. University Outreach, Talent Search, Upward Bound, etc.)
-Any family or work obligations that might have prevented you from participating in extracurricular activities.

Entering 9th grade at Saint Augustine High school, I became accepted into the Advanced International Certificate of Education program (AICE). This program is a very rigorous curriculum through the University of Cambridge in England. This program stress's the importance of higher level thinking and Education. This spring, I will be completing the courses 4 year curriculum and receiving a certificate of completion.

I have now attended St. Augustine High school for four years in St. Augustine, Florida. During my four years here, I've enjoyed playing athletics, volunteering my free time and actively participating in clubs and organizations throughout the school and community. All of these principles have shaped me into who I am today, a very successful and well rounded individual.

I am a two year varsity letterman on my high school football team. We completed a perfect season(15-0), while winning a state championship in 2005. This past season we were state runner up in class 3a for the state of Florida. We've been ranked as high as 14th nationally through Sports Illustrated. Also, we are currently ranked 2nd in our classification for the state. As a team captain, I consume approximately 26 hours a week between weightlifting, film, practice and games. Along with football, I am also a three year varsity letterman on our baseball team. Last season in 2008, I received all county honors as the only catcher for our all county team as a junior. I was also one of the select few juniors in a group which consisted of mostly seniors. Like football, I spend approximately 24 hours a week, depending on the amount of games.

Through time, I have become instrumental in forming our schools Kiwanis Key club, where I currently hold the position of Senior Board director president. Our main objective is providing community service for the youth in our community. Our current project involves providing and distributing 300 bicycle helmet's to needy 1st graders through out our community. As our Senior Board director president, my responsibilities include forming committees and overseeing community service projects. I am also a member of our schools Beta club. This club also provides for the community. We are currently working on visiting sick children with various diseases at a local hospital. Also, I hold the position of director of our schools Young Republicans club. We meet on a daily basis and debate on current political ideas and subjects. Both clubs consume approximately 10 hours a week each depending on our activities. Outside of school, I enjoy volunteering through the Little League organization. Through this League, I have donated my time through managing and coaching the skills of baseball, as well as umpiring. This function is seasonal as it varies from a few hours to 7 or 8 per week.

I was recently nominated for a county character counts award for our school system. Our county's character counts program encompasses six pillars for success. These pillars include Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship. Along with this, I have also received an all county award for baseball.

The Past two summer's, I've worked at the Sports Corner on a regular basis. This company revolves around screen printing, and embroidery for local schools and organizations. Over the past two summer's I've worked four days a week for 28 hours. Throughout the school year I'm limited to working on Saturdays in the retail department for 4 hours.
4ever2bleed 9 / 28  
Its good the only thing I can say is that a the FSU resume is kind of the same as a regular job resume, meaning you dont give paragraphs but list everything you did in brief bullet points. Hopes that helps :).

This should probably help: ecampustours.com/collegeplanning/applyingforcollege/highscho olresume.htm
If not google school resume for college
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
I agree with 4ever2bleed's comments; the academic resume in regards to admissions should read very much like a professional resume. Bullets and dates are appropriate, as well as very short descriptions of your experiences. You've got good content here for an essay format, but it should be much shorter for a resume format. The applications advisor should be able to "look" at you in one or two pages and see your major accomplishments easily. Too many details and it is overwhelming, thus likely to get put aside.

No matter what the format, make sure you always run your piece through a grammar and spell check program such as Word or Mozilla's browser (you can get it free at mozilla.com) as there are errors in this piece that they would catch. Watch for inappropriate capitalization; if the word isn't a proper noun or the first word in a sentence, it shouldn't be capitalized.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP Sportjag 1 / 1  
Thanks both. that helped alot

Home / Letters / FSU Resume; 'letterman on my high school football team'