Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

Write a letter to your friend telling them about the book.

Khuong Nguyen 1 / -  

"Harry Potter" series recommendation letter

Dear Soda!
I'm writing this letter to tell you about the book "Harry Potter" series by J.K. Rowling. These books are amazing so I know you really enjoy them.

Last night I stayed in a book all night reading the first series " Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" , the plot of each about a young boy called Harry Potter and his best friend Ron and Hermione. They go to the school of wizards where most of the story is set. In this book Harry learns many tricks such as flying a boom, how to use wands or cast spells. He has to go through a series of dangerous trials with his friends. He has to go through a series of dangerous trials. The plot and writing by J.K.Rowling is really absorbing and a page-turner. The book is beautifully written. I highly recommend it. I recommend that you read it because it is a really good book for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Love
There are several confusing elements in your writing that affect the clarity of the your letter. The first confusing element is that you did not indicate if your friend shares an interest with you in terms of book genres. Normally, when a person recommends a book, it based on a shared interest for reading the same type of stories. You cannot just assume that your friend will enjoy the book because you read it and you liked it.

Second, your sentence structure is often off in relation to word usage. Sometimes, when we use the wrong word ( e.g. The plot of each v. The plot of which), the sentence does not make sense to a natural English speaker. I realize that you probably heard the sentence properly in your head, but the wrong word usage (each v. which) means the sentence lost logic and meaning to the reader. Be careful of your vocabulary usage. Make sure you understand the meaning of the word before you use it in the sentence.

Aside from these observations, your effort is worth noting. It is definitely a good start when it comes to your review process.

Home / Letters / Write a letter to your friend telling them about the book.