Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Write a letter to someone for a birthday present which has come just at the right time

Maiuyen8802 1 / -  

the loveliest of gifts

Dear A,
How are you and your family?
Today, I write a letter to thank you about a charming present which has come just at the right time. My birthday party passed smoothly and happied yesterday. I felt sad when you couldn't go but I loved so much a birthday present from you. I know you tried your best to do so. Believe me, my dear friend, of all present I got yours is the lovelest. I always dream about a new camera and I feel happy when open the father's present. But then, my younger brother has broken it recently. How could you guess my thoughts I wonder. Now, I can take my pictures with that camera with that camera when I go to the different place. I will send you my photos.

Last, I heartily thank you for the charming present and I shall always keep it as token of your deep love for me. Wishing your all the best.

Love,
Uyen
Okay, what is obvious from this presentation is that you do not have a very good grasp of the English language yet. Your vocabulary is at the beginner level and you not capable of properly using simple English words at this point. There are too many word spelling and usage errors for this type of letter writing to get a passing score in the Task 1 test.

For starters, you do not need to indicate that you are writing a thank you letter. Just say thank you. You do not need to explain what you are doing in the presentation. Next, your horrible English usage really prevented your essay from a passing LR scoring consideration. To show you a few errors:

happied - happened
lovelest = loveliest

There is a lack of clarity in the letter. Make it clear from the start that the camera your father gave you broke and that your friend gifted you with a replacement. That section is a bit confusing to read. Do not use connecting words (but) at the start of a sentence. Use a comma at the end of the previous sentence instead and then use the word "but" to signify a continued thought / sentence writing process.
brightside 2 / 6  
Hello @Maiuyen8802
I agree with Mary, there is a soty of ambiguity in your letter, however, you can write something better by readong similar stuff and try to copy it. Then, write your own original copy. Tlk about your feelings when you uwrapped the box and see the present. This might help. Good luck!

Home / Letters / Write a letter to someone for a birthday present which has come just at the right time