Home / Poetry   % width Posts: 10

Contrast poem and pictures in the collage

maria /  
I have to write a contrast poem (a poem with 2 parts. Each part shows a different side of the subject you are writting about)
My teacher example is this:
Shades of blue outside my window, early morning stillness.
Rain drops singing melodies as they glance off the window pane.
Another example he gave:
A child is a howling, pinching, nose-picking BLESSING Trusting, loving, Forgiving

This is what i wrote as my contrast poem:
My breath was incomplete
My heart beat was incomplete
Incomplete was I
But now the moon is full
Complete in the sky
And now with you
Complete am I

I have wrote this but i am wondering is a contrast poem....Can you please edit it and tell me if this is a contrast poem

Can you also help me on: I also have to create a title page for this poems i was wondering what can my title be for all my poem collections like my teachers example was"Poetry tree"

thanks
OP maria /  
I want to make a collage but i'm not sure what kind of pictures to put in it.. and what can be my big title at the middle....And if i do a collage i'm not sure like how to present it to my class.

Can you please help me out
Thank you
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'll give you some ideas of the types of pictures I'd be looking for if I were doing it; you don't have to use these ideas, they are just suggestions. I'm not sure what the final version of your poem turned out to be, but let's say it's similar to this version:

The one who my heart - Any sort of romantic picture...boy and girl holding hands, kissing...anything that implies romance

Took for my own
Is blissfully unaware
The earth and the skies - this one's easy; a sunset and/or stars
However, know the truth
I can't tell him, I don't dare. - maybe a girl holding her finger up to her lips, as if to say, "Shh!"

We did meet each others eyes - A picture of eyes, or two people looking intently at each other
But modesty stood between us - a boy and girl standing apart, looking down, perhaps
I couldn't express in words
The feeling of my heart,
And this excited rush

The night seems to have blossomed - Flowers; a bouquet
In the company of the moon - A picture of the moon would obviously work
Every moment I must look for him
I've got to find him soon - Maybe footprints in the sand on a beach

Really, any romantic photos or drawings that speak to you would work. When you present it to the class, read the poem and describe why you chose those pictures. As for a title, how about "Moon Blossoms" or "Night Blossoms" or "Love's Secret" or...you get the idea--let your poem inspire you!

Have fun with it!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP maria /  
I also want to know like where can i put the pictures in the collage. like i want to include everything you said but i dont no how to put what where..can you please help me out...Thanks
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

That's a bit of a challenge for me, since I can't look at your pictures! For me, one great thing about collages is that they have no formal structure. You can put the pictures in any design you like, or no design; overlap them, or keep them apart; add words or not. That might be an idea...cutting out some of the words from your poem (by cutting words or letter from magazines, or just printing them in colorful fonts with your printer) and tossing them wherever you think they look good on the collage...or on a picture the word represents, like "moonlight" if you have a picture of the moon.

Another idea would be to have the words cut out, but don't put them on the collage...hand them to members of the class as you read the poem. You could pause slightly between lines when you're reading the poem and as you say, for instance, "the earth and the skies," hand each of those words to someone (with a smile ;-))

That's just an idea that popped in my head; if it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it, but it would be a chance to make your presentation more "participatory" for the audience.

Get your pictures and words together for your collage and play around with them before you start gluing them onto the poster board or whatever you are going to use as the background. Try different ways of doing it til it looks right to you, and remember: there's no "right" and "wrong" to this--it's your artistic vision!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP maria /  
Thnak you for helping me soo much
OP maria /  
Sarah i really liked the idea you told me about making the presentation more participatory.But i didn't really understand what you said.. Can you please explain that to me in more details please...
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Yes, here's what I was picturing. You're standing, presumably, at the front of the classroom. You are holding your collage, but have some pictures, and/or cut-out words on a table or desk next to you where you can reach them. You start to read your poem:

The one who my heart
Took for my own
Is blissfully unaware
The earth... [you pick up a picture of the earth, or the word "Earth", and hand it to a nearby student/audience member]

and the skies [same thing with a photo of the sky]
However, know the truth
I can't tell him, I don't dare. [here's where, if you are feeling really brave, you walk up to a cute guy and say this line in front of him ;-))]

[then, you go back to the table and get the next picture]
We did meet each others eyes - [Hand someone else a picture of eyes...maybe two eyes, one at a time... ]
But modesty stood between us [turn your back on the class for a moment or two...]
I couldn't express in words [turn back around and pick up a handful of the cut-out words...]
The feeling of my heart,
And this excited rush [smile, and toss the words up in the air and let them flutter down...you can pick them up after they finish applauding ;-))]

That's how I'd do it, but then, I enjoy acting. If you're too shy for all that, modify it in a way that is comfortable for you. :-))

Have fun with it!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
nar612 - / 1  
I need help with writing a contrast poem
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

If those were the only instructions given, "write a contrast poem," then you've got a wide-open field to play in! Anything can have two sides to it--you just have to look for them. This assignment, for example:

Searching for words that do not come
Anxiety creeps in, blackness surrounds my thoughts
Thinking, grasping, typing, deleting
A chore that mocks me as it beckons
Yet tempts with possibilities
As words begin to flow
Washing away the clouds of despair
An idea germinates, grows
And blooms

There are examples above, too, where the contrast relates all to one word in a string of descriptors. Play around with it and see what you come up with!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Poetry / Contrast poem and pictures in the collage