Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 5

business law case (Dinky, a taxi driver for Asmara)

endless2010 1 / -  
QUESTION

Dinky, a taxi driver for Asmara Ltd, picks up Patsy, a "fixed list" passenger, at the Deli Supermarket in Huntingdon. Patsy wishes to go to Maynard, a town 7 miles away.

Dinky starts off his journey and soon encounters traffic congestion after completing 5 miles of the journey. At this point, Dinky stops at a bus stop at the side of the road and tells Patsy that it is much better for Patsy to walk to Huntingdon, as she will reach her destination much faster. Patsy informs Dinky that she is not in a hurry and so, does not mind the long wait as long as she is in the air-conditioned environment.

Dinky refuses to move and switches off the air condition. Patsy gets out of the car and refuses to pay Dinky. Dinky informs Asmara Ltd.

You have been appointed to act for Asmara Ltd (Plaintiff)/ Patsy (Defendant).
Islam 5 / 6  
Obviously it is Dinky's fault, his job is to deliver customers to where THEY want not he wants. Dinky's has to be patient for the traffic as it is an inevitable condition of his daily work. Thus, his only defense argument that he can deliver more customers in the time they were stopping in the traffic, and by what Patsy did he lost at least two customer's payment.
Silentlips 3 / 7  
Asmara ltd. appointed dinky to deliver the pick and drop service to customers at their required destination not to give them suggestions that what should they do in current situation. By his action he not only lost the payment but also the repute in the company that he was not performing his job well.
resppro36301 1 / 4  
Do you want someone to write this for you? What do you need assistance with?
joshuanderitu01 2 / 41  
It is understandable that dinky must wait long until the traffic congestion is over,it can be excusable for dinky because
dinky is a trusted employee of Asmala LTD. He only needs to know not to repeat a similar mistake of refusing customers instructions
when encountered by a similar situation of traffic congestion, because he can risk not being payed again or fighting with a passanger, or else arguing badly with a passanger,and so he should be instructed on how else he should do his job if this is the only time he faces such a hard time,to make him understand that what he has done is wrong.

Home / Research Papers / business law case (Dinky, a taxi driver for Asmara)