Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

Curing Yourself the Natural Way

tlwash31 1 / -  
I've struggled with writing this research paper because I'm never sure how much detail I need to have if I have enough or not enough. My organization I feel is pretty good but I second guess myself alot and think maybe I should of spoke about something else first. Lastly is citing my information I don't know why I get so confused. It is also difficult for me to cite information within the research paper.

What you put into your mouth can determine whether you live or die. An important question to ask yourself is how much do you value your life? The diseases with the highest mortality rates in America are: cardiovascular disease, cancer and diabetes. Americans do not realize there are options for medical care outside of the traditional treatments that doctors suggest. Instead of being put on medication for cardiovascular disease or diabetes why not change you r diet and reverse the disease all together. Why go through the torturous chemotherapy, radiation or painful surgery for cancer when you can change your diet and heal yourself from the inside out. I have watched many friends and family members eat their way into their own graves, because they refused to take their life back or be accountable for their own health. Plant based diets have the ability to heal and reverse the symptoms of diseases. Many don't believe it but, eating an organic raw plant based diet is probably the best solution to reversing cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes. It's less invasive and absolutely pain free.

The estimated mortality rate for all types of cancer for 2014 was 585,720. (Cancer Journal v.64 issue 1). In 2007 the mortality rate was 562,875 (Forks over Knives pg. 17). The numbers keep rising. Many believe it is the luck of the draw if one gets cancer. Doctors have said over and over again that diet plays a major role in acquiring cancer. Diet is not the only way a person can get cancer; there are genetics and environmental circumstances. But what we have most control over and are able to prevent it is through our diet. Plant based diets are the healthiest and most beneficial diet one could ever transition over to. Will it be easy, of course not? The benefits of being on a plant based diet outweigh any circumstance of being terminally ill or dying. Being on a plant based diet requires some creativity and makes each person accountable for their own life. A plant based diet is being able to consume any food that has been grown from the earth and never had a face. Dairy and eggs are excluded from the diet as well. It is expected to avoid processed foods, foods with preservatives and additives. Food items with preservatives and additives are not really food, they are more so clumps of chemicals manipulated enough to form what scientists would like you to believe is food.

There is a religious groups called Adventist that are known for being vegan or vegetarian. There is the misconception that being on a plant based diet that one will suffer being vitamin and mineral deficient. Dr. T. Colin Campbell author of Forks over Knives is an advocate and promoter of plant based diets. Dr. Campbell advises not to consume dairy due to the fact that it contains casein. Casein is the primary protein in cow's milk. It is also a potent carcinogen. There is no nutritional need for cow's milk. It is advised by Dr. Campbell not to consume dairy products because of the casein in the cow's milk, the casein increases the production of the hormone IGF-1. IGF-1 is responsible for the increased production of estrogen in women and the increased production of testosterone in men which then attributes to breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men. Not only is dairy not necessary and is a carcinogen but it also contains an addictive compound called casomorphins that makes giving up dairy difficult. So if there is ever a wonder why it is so difficult to give up any type of dairy now you know why. This compound is in the cow's milk to keep the calf next to its mother nursing and safe. Dr. Campbell did a 12 week study using rats, by placing them on a 20% casein diet and another group of rats on a 5% casein diet. The end result was the group of rats on the 20% casein diet suffered increased levels of early cancer tumor growth and the 5% showed negative results of cancer growth. According to an article from Global Social Issues studies it revealed that poor diets, not being active, and being overweight are linked to certain cancers. In addition cancer is also prevalent in highly developed countries due to the access of convenient high calorie, fatty, high sugar, and salty foods. Then add not being activity, sitting watching television or playing video games increases the risks of getting cancer. Plants contain the nutrients to fight cancer such as phytochemicals and antioxidants. Phytochemicals and antioxidants repair your body and destroy the cells that are or have mutated into cancerous cells. So whether cancer is already the diagnosis or you are being proactive being on a plant based diet is the way to go. Plant based diets not only aid in cancer diagnosis but also have the ability to reverse cardiovascular disease.

Even though cancer is considered the scariest death sentence, cardiovascular disease is the real killer. Cardiovascular disease is the #1 cause of death among Americans. The mortality rate is even higher than cancer. In 2007 the mortality rate for cardiovascular disease was 616,067 according to the statistics in Dr. Campbell's book Forks over Knives. According to the CDC website under the heart facts tab over 616,000 people die every year from cardiovascular disease. Society is eating themselves into their own grave. People should eat to live not live to eat. All the savory, sweet, processed foods are clogging arteries and killing people. Here is where the change in diet comes in to save lives. Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn performed a study in 2009 of 24 cardiovascular patients that were told to go home and prepare for death or just wait to die. The study was conducted for 16 weeks. Dr. Esselstyn took those 24 patients and placed them on a plant based diet. The patients that followed the diet did not have any more heart issues and lived normal lives. It is believed that a plant based diet has the ability to reverse the effects of cardiovascular disease. Dr. Esselstyn's studies have proven that the all-inclusive diet destroys the endothelial cells which are the lining of the blood vessels, in doing so the vessels become blocked. The dietary fiber, folate, vitamins, minerals, antioxidents,flavonoids, and potassium in fruits and vegetables have the ability of not only reverse cardiovascular disease but also reduce the risks. Various metabolic studies have shown that diets that have a good source of nuts lower cholesterol levels which reduce the risks of CVD. Nuts are also known to have arginine which is a nitric oxide a potent vasodilator that keeps platelets from adhesion and aggregation, in laymen terms prevents blockages or blood clots. Foods that are not plant based definitely do not have the ability to reverse the symptoms of cardiovascular disease nor are they able to reduce the risks. According to the 2003 issue of American Society for Clinical Nutrition a study was done among women that had at least 3 servings of whole grain a day. Those women had a 25% lower risk of cardiovascular disease.This was compared to women that had maybe 1 serving of whole grain per week. Whether society believes that a plant based diet has the abilities to reduce the risk factors of cardiovascular disease or cancer it has been proven time and time again through various studies and surely does not hurt to try it.

Speaking from experience and also speaking with some individuals at church that are Adventists they are very pleased with the results of being on a plant based diet. I spoke to a couple that I've known for over 20 years and as long as I've known them they have been on a plant based diet. The couple does not consume any animal products. Instead of eggs they make a dish out of tofu that resembles and also taste similar to eggs. Most of their desserts are made from fresh fruit. They do not buy any processed foods and they always have a garden growing in their back yard. Whatever is in season to grow they will be growing it. I ask them about their medical history and what type of illnesses have they dealt with over the years. The wife (Cheryl) advised that heart diseases and cancer have taken the lives of most of her family. Cheryl advised that she has never been hospitalized for any illnesses and has only suffered from the common cold a few times. Cheryl expressed what she especially likes about her plant based diet is how easy it is to keep her weight down and the type of energy she has being 64 years old still working with 15 grandchildren. Not only does the natural plant based diet keep her healthy it also gives her plenty of energy to deal with her day to day responsibilities. Speaking with Cheryl's husband Charles who is 60 years he believes that his diet has allowed for him to continue to play basketball with men half his age. He also states that his family has a history of cardiovascular disease and it took his father's life when he was very young. Charles advised that he has never been hospitalized for anything very seldom gets sick and also has boundless energy. Cheryl and Charles advised that with their garden and not buying any animal products or dairy products their grocery bill is minimal. So not only do they have a lower than normal grocery bill but they are also in great health and feel great.

There is also the issue of those being diagnosed with diabetes growing at an alarming rate. 26 million people of all ages in the United States have been diagnosed with diabetes (Diabetes Spectrum Feb 2012 vol. 25 #1 pgs 38-44) What is occurring now is children are being diagnosed as diabetics and then become adults with diabetes. Most of society is not aware that diabetes is not caused from eating too much sugar. What happens is the cells that are supposed to take the insulin and use it for energy have become clogged with lipids and fat and the insulin builds up in the blood stream which then causes complications. How do the cells become clogged? Well the type of diet a person is on can cause cells to become clogged an not allow the appropriate transport of hormones across the membrane. Diets that are high in fat, sugar, & processed foods would be an example of someone that became diabetic. There are the options of controlling diabetes with diet instead of using medication and running the risk of becoming a type 2 diabetic and having to take insulin injections. It is recommended by doctors to be on a low fat diet. Being on a low fat plant based diet can reverse the need for insulin injections. What happens is the cells become unclogged and are no longer insulin resistance. The cell is now able to take in the insulin and function as normal. Dr. Barnard in Forks over Knives did some research that validates the plant based diet. Being on the plant based diet promoted a great improvement in patients' diabetic condition against the basic diabetes management diet, the diabetes management diet allowed meat and dairy products. People that are on plant based diets tend to consume less fats, cholesterol and calories but then on the good side consume more fiber, vitamin C, and potassium. Several studies done in 2009 have shown a significant difference of those that are vegan or vegetarian and those that eat animal products as being diabetic. With a vegan diet diabetes prevalence was 2.9%, for those that had no limits on any type of foods the diabetes prevalence was 7.8%. Plant based diets heal from the inside out. Eating a plant based diet will resolve inflammation issues which in turn cause neuropathy pain in most diabetics. Diabetics often times not only have diabetes but acquire other ailments such as heart disease, kidney failure, pancreas issues and even cancer. Plant based diets as already stated before have the ability to heal those with cardiovascular disease and lower risks of getting cancer. According to the ICTM (International Council for Truth in Medicine) a plant based diet helped 17,542 in 2014 by curing them of medications and insulin injections. There are over 120 clinical studies that have proven that being on a plant based diet has cured and healed so many people already. It is expected that another 30,000 people will be cured or healed in 2015. The purpose of the plant based diet is to treat the diabetes and not the symptoms. Medication does the job of treating the symptoms so there is no possible way of being cured. The amount of money spent by people that are diabetic in a year for their supplies is extremely costly. Just to name a few things that have to be paid for would be doctor visits, testing strips, insulin, other specialist if there are other complications associated with the diabetes, the estimated yearly cost could be $4000. Not to mention that if a person has been diabetic long enough they tend to go into kidney failure which then leads to dialysis. Dialysis alone is $40,000 a year. Most of the studies conducted were at least 4 weeks in length. ICTM is saying that give the plant based diet a minimum of 21 days to reverse the effects of the diabetes. What will it hurt to try a plant based diet for at least 21 days and just see what benefits will come of it?

The biggest issue with going to a plant based diet is people not wanting to change. As stated early, eat to live not live to eat. People enjoy food so much that they feel if they only have plants to eat it won't taste very good. That is a misconception about eating a plant based diet. The options are limitless when eating different varieties of fruits and vegetables. It is actually fun trying new and different foods. Another problem is the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business if all the people with various illnesses or ailments went to a plant based diet. Those that are on a plant based diet that previously had cardiovascular disease or diabetes or even higher risk for cancer would be healthy and have no need for any medications or surgeries. Doctors would have no need to write prescriptions and they as well would lose money. All of the studies that promote plant based diets have been around for years but are hidden by pharmaceutical companies because it is known that if that information gets out and people start going with a plant based diet they will be going out of business. One thing not thought about is that being on a plant based diet could save money! No more spending money on prescriptions, no more chemo treatments, no more surgeries, lessened doctor visits all because of the plant based diet lowering risks and healing from the inside out. The consumption of food will increase but vegetables, fruits, grains, & legumes are still less expensive than the purchase of meat and dairy products alone.

At some point we all have to make a choice as to whether we want to be sick and eat whatever we want or be healthy and happy eating what is good for us. There are not many people that would prefer to be sick and eat whatever they want. Most people want to live a long and prosperous life. Eating a plant based diet has the ability to heal from the inside out and has so many more attributes than just healing. Eating a healthy balanced animal free diet keeps you fit, you will look great and also feel great. What's most important is that a plant based diet has the ability to reverse the effects of cancer, cardiovascular disease and diabetes and not just treat the symptoms.

Campbell, T. Colin . Esselstyn, Caldwell B. Forks over Knives: The Plant-Based Way To Health. New York: The Experiment, LLC . 2011. Print
Trapp, Caroline. Levin, Susan. Diabetes Spectrum. Vol. 25 #1. Pgs 38-44. Web
Fung, TT. Schulze M, Manson . Willett,WC. Dietary Patterns, Meat Intake & Risks of Type 2 Diabetes. Arch Intern Med. Vol 164. Pgs 2235-2240. 2004
Cancer Journal for Clinicals. Vol 64. Issue 1. Jan 7, 2014
Hu, Frank B. American Society for Clinical Nurtrition: Plant Based foods and Prevention of CVD. Vol 78. #3. Pgs 5445-5515
ICTM - International Council for Truth in Medicine:Urgent Diabetes Health Bullentin
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
I would like to help you with some of your essay. You have many questions in your first paragraph. I am going to suggest revising this because the sentences can become confusing to the reader.

Here is an example to help you:" Therefore, it is important to value your life and make the right choices". This is a simple statement without a question. Also, it can lead to your next sentence which seems to be a fact taken from a source.

Another sentence that is quite similar can be changed. Instead of using "why", you could use "...they could change their diet and reverse the disease altogether."

Towards the end of the paragraph, you should change the placement of a comma, "Many don't believe it, but..."
Tlwash, upon proof reading your essay, I have a few questions;

- when you say plant diet, what do you exactly mean?
- if it's vegetables that you mean by plant diet, please define the the two
- your choice of words is quiet confusing.

I will tackle the last part of your essay.

- As stated earlyearlier , eat to live not live to eat.
- People enjoy food so much that they feel if they only have plants to eat, it won't...
- ...trying new and different foods .
- ...various illnesses or ailments went togo for a plant based diet.
- Those that are on a plant based diet that previously had...
- cardiovascular disease or diabetes or even higher risk forof cancer

As much as I believe in modern medicine, there's no denying that herbal medication with natural diet goes a long way when practiced properly.

However, it is not advisable to just take any herbal medication without experts advise. When it comes to natural diet, I believe one need to play with how their body is taking it and take it from there.

Moving on to your writing, for future reference, refrain from using the same words or phrase all through out the essay and avoid direct translation.

Home / Research Papers / Curing Yourself the Natural Way