Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Injustice is being unjust to an individual (the Scottsboro case)

skihani 1 / -  
Injustice is being unjust to an individual because of their differences, such as their race or society. People are unjust or unfair to others often because they are different then they are and don't accept them as an individual. Injustice is unfair and should not be tolerated.

A perfect example of injustice would be the Scottsboro case. In the case, nine black boys were accused of raping white women. The all white jury convicted them and they all, but one, were sentenced to death. The jury later found the boys found guilty but the judge granted a new trial. The verdict was still guilty after a new series of trials. After three trials (all with verdicts of guilty), charges were finally dropped for 4 of the 9 defendants. The rest of them were sentenced to 75 years to death. The case led to an ending of all-white juries in the South. This is a good example of injustice because in the South in the 1930s, whites were very unjust to blacks because of racism. The boys in the Scottsboro case got blamed just because of their race. People should not be unfair to others just because they are different.

One can tell when someone is being unjust when they do not treat them the same as they would of someone their own race or religion or even sex. Everyone should be fair and treat others they would want to be treated. All people have equal rights and should be treated equally.
Pretty good, Hannah. Let me make a few changes...

Injustice is being unfair to an individual because of their differences, such as their race or society. ---I had to change it, because it is redundant to say "injustice is to be unjust..."

People are unjust or unfair to others often because they are different then they are and don't accept them as an individual .

One can tell when someone is being unjust when they do not treat them someone who is different the same as way they would of someone their own race or religion or even sex.

That is a good example! Sometimes you made the same point more than once, but the way you write is very clear.

Home / Research Papers / Injustice is being unjust to an individual (the Scottsboro case)