Home / Research Papers   % width NEW!

Medical Marijuana - it's not completed but fully analysed essay

ebony12 1 / 1  
Please Identify key errors in what is need to complete my final essay. Also let me know what errors I've made and help me utilize my layout in different matters.

Medical Marijuana

Marijuana has had been an epidemic over the last decade in which now it is being used medically to treat patients with all types of diseases and has become more recognized to be more popular in the medical field to help patients with serious medical conditions, and other conditions that are being mentally challenged.

In 1996 California passed a law to approve medical marijuana so that researcher can help with patient health. The law was passed to help people that are having pain, nausea, and people that are having problems with appetite's. researchers believe that marijuana will be therapeutic for people that are having problems that are considered treatable through Marijuana. Even though the Federal Government wants to cancel the studies of the medical marijuana treatment they are risking good research on cannabis. A total of twenty-three states a distributing Marijuana to people that have a medical marijuana card.

A class 1 substance is still at federal level because the dependency of the drug, and Obama in 2009 passed a proposition that distributors that are selling the drug cannot be convicted of drug because it is being sold medically. Medical Marijuana has been fought throughout the years and the proposition of Obama helped the studies in America so that the study would not be sold to Canada so they can figure it out the effect of the drug. States are regulating drug dosage a person has so that people that use marijuana medically are protected from the fines and prosecution. The government is making a way for marijuana to contribute to the need of patients that have HIV/aids symptoms cancer and even glaucoma.

There are down falls to using medical marijuana as in using marijuana and it hard to get by because the marijuana is contributing to a lot of people daily activity as they go on in life with certain diseases. If you are an organ donor you are not able to donate your organs using medical marijuana because you are putting other donors at risk for possible defects in the transplant even if you are the person that is needed for a transplant you can be removed off the wait list because you are using Marijuana even if it medically and to get back on donor list you have to spend 6 months without THC in your system The risk of something happening is a great and Doctors don't want people hurt while trying to do a transplant and a person is using Marijuana.

In cases of disease a little girl that was having continued seizers her mother looked and found that marijuana stopped her daughter seizures. Her diagnose is Dravet syndrome, the mother of child went through health care studies to find a cure for the disease and the finally found help through a Colorado medical group called the Realm of Caring. Charlottes mom took her daughter through therapy with high concentration of marijuana for help with her daughter syndrome. Her daughter has significant cognitive and motor delays that affect her activities of daily living. She requires a feeding tube and she is in need of assistance through everything she does. The mother wanted to be clear and let people know that someone else had used THC for their child and it was successful. "The mother took the necessary steps to get information to get information on her child treatment" (Epilepsia 55). The 5year old was put on a low dosage of the THC content so that there will be no significant psychological effects. She had to get approval to even get on a high dosage of marijuana. Her mother wanted her to have less seizures and the cannabis helped her to have 7 fewer seizures per month and she is able to eat regular instead of eating out a tube. The drug gave her a daughter a great effect so that she can continue on with her daily living, the thing she was not able to do now she is able and her mother helped with this process.

The pros and cons of marijuana has been on the market for years and has no subjectivity for long lasting effect the drug has it's down falls and also it good trends that will leave someone successful in life or it may even take away the happiness of people because of their needs medically.

Marijuana has been known cause airway friction and suppress the lungs. If you have a bad immune system your risk of having lung inflammation will increase. Inflammatory defense against AIDS patients can be life threating against those that don't have the infection (Tashkin 2005). The regular use of marijuana can be good to people that have HIV, smoking cannabis contains carbon monoxide and acetaldehyde and increases lung defenses. The choice to treat disease with marijuana is questionable because there are safer drugs out that can help you that are FDA approved (Gabriel 1997).

Sever Pain is the most common reason why people use THC. Arthritis and Musculoskeletal pain are most commonly used with marijuana but it still has not been recommended by a rheumatologist to treat patients with cannabis. Patients want to use natural products instead of using something that may cause them to have bad side effects and health issues in the future. Herbal cannabis is natural for someone to use because it is grown. The method of growing cannabis is simple but the FDA is still doing it' research so that t can be medically approved. Instead of using psychoactive drugs to stimulate the feeling of mood and appetite researcher believe that marijuana can do all the things that is needed in one dosage. Psychoactive drugs are methods that produce intolerable reaction some may react well to you and some people are having problems with adjusting to the medications that is why herbal cannabis is a better drug because it cannot effect you with different types of symptoms that are bad to you.

"The long term risks of herbal cannabis are unknown but the psychological health and association with mental illness development and dependency of drug" (Kalant 28). THC can be drug dependent because it is an irregular high to society many people use the drug and become chemical dependent and do not know how to wing themselves off when it time not to use the drug anymore. Marijuana is an illegal drug even those some states approved it medically but there are still consequences for using the dug without a medical prescription. Some states only allow terminally ill patients to legally use medical marijuana. In Arizona Proposition 203 was passed in 2010 allowed use of marijuana with written certification. The illness Arizona passed law for was glaucoma, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, sclerosis, Crohn's disease, Chronic Pain, Nausea, Seizures and many other conditions to state approval. Medical Marijuana patients can be in possession of 2.5 ounces of unstable marijuana and Arizona has 12 marijuana plants which none are close to any dispensary.

Comeau, Pauline. "Cut to Marijuana Research Sends Strong Message." CMAJ : Canadian Medical Association Journal 175.12 (2006): 1507-1508. PMC. Web. 28 Mar. 2016

Home / Research Papers / Medical Marijuana - it's not completed but fully analysed essay