Home / Research Papers   % width NEW!

Research Objective - Fulbright (Computer Science)

muhannadmatahen 4 / 4  
Research Objectives

Mohanad Mattahen, Palestine, Computer Science

Middle East went under many revolutions during a lot of Revolutions during the last 20 years; however, unfortunately, none of these revolutions did take place in the field of Information Technology. any large businesses still depend on excel sheets although there are much more sophisticated IT applications and solutions available to handle such business tasks more efficiently and conveniently. Except for some financial applications that were built during 1990s. IT applications do not show any progress in my part of the world. These financial applications had a lot of modifications to be as it is today. Can you imagine that many government organizations are still with manual processes? yes; almost all the government organizations use paper and old archiving systems that rely on shelves on Dewey decimal classification. During the last decade many small computer companies were established to build software solutions that would help the Palestinian institutions manage and run their own businesses in a more professional manner, However, these companies is poor to technology and software developers who has the program mentality, so if some organization asks for a software - let us say to manage orders - they will a develop a solution specific for this company that can't fit any other company. So when another organization needs a software that has some of the features founded on the pervious mentioned software they will develop a new solution and so on, and if the time for development took the company to develop the last solution about two months then the other application will cost them about two months too. This is a waste of time its cause is the less of knowledge founded on the Palestinian software development market.

Programming Mentality, it is the sense of programmer to develop something new, something helpful reduces waste of time and helps him to reduce development time, it also give him the ability to get used of other solutions developed by him- reusability. If we take a general look at the most world countries that has revolutions on Information Technology side we can find that the US "United States" is at the top of the list. Palestinian graduated developers needs some help to start the motivation engine in their minds. I do believe that Palestinian students have the ability to invent something new, but on the other hand they need guiding, they need some people or institute that motivate their minds, helps them to open their eyes on the new technologies founded and how to get used of it.

I learned a lot during my work experience, I found my own way, and I started thinking in different way, but If I found someone who could target my thinking into one specific direction it would not took me too much time to start thinking differently. I worked for many companies as a software developer. This experience helped me to focus my desire to invent something new into one specific direction, on Enterprise Solutions, since these solutions is needed in many different fields, it is complicated which means much time for development. So my I was looking to develop something new, something that can help creating Enterprise solutions on a very small period of time instead of taking years sometimes. The motivation in this solution is that no need for developers, an ordinary person can start building his own application without any help. It took me 2 years to start thinking in different way. Imagine if I had someone who could find my strength and weakness and target my passion to the right side. What would be the status of our Information Technology Market? For sure it would be better. That why I'm looking to be awarded the Fulbright.

If I awarded the Fulbright, I will concentrate on studying the new technologies founded on US, studying the Information Technology Market, what are the new technologies founded and how it helps the US Organizations? So if it was that helpful for the US Organizations imagine how much it will be helpful for Palestinian Market.

Home / Research Papers / Research Objective - Fulbright (Computer Science)