Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 3

THESIS for today's youth's lack of interest in reading!

trishxo 1 / -  
I'm writing a causal research paper & the effect is how today's youth does not read much, but I am stuck on creating a thesis statement. My causes are technology, students not having time, etc. This is how I began my paper:

The youth these days are classified as Generation Y, Millennial Generation, Generation-Me, Trophy Kids, or the best one yet, The Dumbest Generation, according to Mark Bauerlein. Perhaps, Bauerlein has a point. We have dumbed down in comparison to early generations due to the digital age. In the novel, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, the society is so high-tech that even the dogs are robots, walls are huge TV screens, and rather than firefighters putting out fire, they are putting houses with banned books and other forms of literature in them on fire. The characters in the society that the novel has created are also very stupid since they do not read books, enjoy nature, think for themselves, or have meaningful conversations with each other. Is this what our future is turning into? Bradbury may be overreacting a little, but there are certain characteristics shown in the novel that are apparent in today's society, and these characteristics are mostly seen in today's youth. [Today's youth...]

I just can't think of a strong thesis statement!
Bebo 2 / 8  
I think your statement is good ...
We have beendumbeddumped down in comparison to early generations due to the fact that we are born in the digital age.

, think for themselves, or have meaningful conversations with each other.

..., think of themselves only or do not have meaningful conversations with each other.

Is this what our future is turning into?

Is this what our future is going to turn into?

and these characteristics are mostly seen in today's youth.

...and the youth of today resemble these characteristics.

Home / Research Papers / THESIS for today's youth's lack of interest in reading!