Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 4

Writing a a preface; need help with citation.

evilwolfy 1 / 1  
I am currently writing a preface for one of my papers. If I mention the title of my own research paper in a body paragraph of that same paper, do I need to underline it, put it in quotation marks, or do something else?
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good evening!

The answer to your question depends on the citation style you are using; different citation styles require different formats. To find out specific examples for your citation style, try doing an internet search for the name of the style; "MLA" for example, and then "in-text citation examples". This should bring you examples of titles used in the body of an essay, and you can model yours from their examples.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP evilwolfy 1 / 1  
I am using MLA to cite my paper. I've googled various keywords including "MLA cite research paper, MLA own paper underline quotation marks," etc. but I cannot find the answer I am looking for.

When a person mentions the title of a book, they are supposed to either underline or italicize it. In my case, I am mentioning the title of my own original paper within a body paragraph of that same paper; I am unsure of how I should treat it.

Let's say that the title of the paper I am writing is called, "Nigeria: Picking Up the Broken Pieces." In the preface of that very paper, I mention its title in a sentence saying, "I chose to name my paper Nigeria: Picking Up the Broken Pieces because it represents..." Would I have to do anything with the title in that sentence?
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
You should put it in quotations since you are making reference to it as an entity.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Research Papers / Writing a a preface; need help with citation.