Advice for Motivational Letter Scolarship

Daniel333 1 / -  
Hello,
I am currently applying for a gouvernment-sponsored scolarship. It is a practical training in a laboratory at a foreign university. Therefore I should write a motivational letter from 2 to 5 pages.

some opinions please. Thanks!

I am currently studying Diploma degree course in mechanical engineering at the Technical University of xx. With this letter I would like to express my strong interest for participation at the abc Programme in the summer of 2014.

With my educational background and working experience I believe that I am suitable candidate for the programme.

Since I am studying mechanical engineering with the specialization on aerospace engineering I believe I will fit very well in the offered research project. Since an early age I take a great interest in airplanes and technology. I wanted to combine these interests with my mechanical engineer studies at the Technical University of xx, which is part of the German Excellence Initiative among 10 other universities. Moreover the Institute of Aerospace Engineering in xx is involved in numerous considerable industrial projects and enjoys a good reputation. For the next semesters I will focus my educational career on aircraft gears and turbo-engines, which requires diversified knowledge about fluid mechanics and thermodynamics. The yy University gives me a chance to get in touch with these subjects through an laboratory internship. Moreover I posses a working knowledge of CFD Software and numerical analysis.

Due to numerous practical trainings and experiments, I did during several subjects in my program of studies, I am used to the scientific way of collecting data and develop mathematical models. During my internship at xy, but also during experiments in various subjects of my programme, I had the chance to work with laboratory equipment. Therefore I am familiar with the work with measuring devices as well as correct error analysis. Besides my course requires a accurate function and careful work conforming to standarts, which will make a positive contribution to the development process. Since I am also interested in chemical and biological related issues the project seems even more attractive to me.

With the project offered by your department I will be able to gain valuable technical as well as personal experience for my course of study.

Being part of this research project will help me to orientate on a direction for a professional career just like to choose on a branch, where I complete my six-month practical training next year.

In my opinion there are a lot of possibilities for young and highly motivated people like me with engineering experience in Australia. I believe a practical training at yy University will contribute to my objective of working in the Aerospace Industry and live abroad after my graduation.

Moreover I would love to visit abc again, which left an impression as dynamic and modern city while my last stay.

Because of my school education and several visits in English speaking countries I do not have any difficulties of speaking nor understanding English. I was taught English for eight years in school and graduated with English and Mathematics as my majors in secondary-school. Additionally I took a language course at university for another year. Besides, my last stay in Australia and the internship I did in Ghana while the last semester break were very helpful to improve and strengthen my English skills.

During my internship in West-Africa I was able to collect precious experience, related to the work with limited given resources and unfamiliar procedures. In the same way I learned to get involved with a different culture and a new environment. I believe, through my experience abroad, I am in a position to operate easily with people from other cultural environments to achieve maximum success.

By my work at the local committee of the IAESTE University group (International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience), I am used to take responsibility and work in an international environment. My area of responsibility is the support for foreign students, who do internships in Germany, such as organising accommodation, be a reference person and mediate between intern and employer if necessary.

Given my past history of commitment to excellence, I am confident that I will bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm to your program. I am sure to exceed your expectations, because of both my academic and interpersonal skills as well as the experience gained from my internships.

I see the this position as a welcome challenge and I am sure that I will be a positive addition to the team. .

Yours sicerely
With this letter I would like to express my strong interest for participation at the abc Programme in the summer of 2014.

With this letter I would like to express my strong interest in participating at the abc programme in the summer of 2014.

Based on my academic credentials, work experience and skills, I believe that I am a suitable candidate for this programme.
Since I am studying mechanical engineering with the specialization onin aerospace engineering, I believe I willcan fit very well inwith the offered research project.Since an early age I taketook a great interest in airplanes and technology.

Home / Scholarship / Advice for Motivational Letter Scolarship