Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

Applying For Master Degree majoring in Strategic Marketing Management

VT2207 1 / -  
Good morning, I am posting my Motivation letter for review as i apply for Master Degree in Norway. Please kindly help me proofread, criticise, and offer suggestions. The requirement is about why I apply for this subject and school for higher education. Thank you so much.

Motivation Letter

Dear selection committee,
My name is Thao Nguyen, currently a fresh graduate majoring in International Business Economics at Foreign Trade University. I am writing to express my profound interest in BI Norwegian Business School's Master Program in Strategic Marketing Management for a two-year course 2020-2022.

Candidly, when I was a ten-grader, an inspirational marketing campaign called "Love Connection" stimulated my life passion significantly. Not only was I amazed by the positive impact the integrated campaign posed on society, but I also focus on the logic, which helps the brand carry out such a crucial influence. This initial interest motivated me to expand my horizons about marketing, its effect on influencing customer behaviors and building the corporate image. In my perspective, Marketing undoubtedly has the power to change the world, especially when it is used for NGOs. I can see my role within the next ten years as a change agent for driving positive, sustainable impact on the NGO's marketing performance, offering excellent propositions to the donor, and building capacities for the future organization.

"Before anything else, getting ready is the secret to success" - Henry Ford. The saying has always been used as a compass for my career. Since my passion set, I have been devoting all my effort to a well-established route for academic fields, extracurricular activities, and professional categories, constantly enhancing my interpersonal skills to prepare beforehand for my future position. My greatest accomplishment was being the president in one national well-reputed marketing club, where I successfully provided a clear direction for members' development, leveled up the club's performance and acted as a bridge connecting global agencies with students by holding networking events. Within years of intense hard work, I now proudly promote that my leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities doubtlessly make me a strong candidate.

Besides, I simultaneously got a strong foundation of marketing when working with our strategic partners, lecturers to build up the merit training curriculum. Additionally, I also guided my team to win the first runner-up in a marketing contest by creating an integrated marketing master plan for Coca Cola in my second year. This was also a priceless opportunity for me to expand my network in marketing careers with experts and managers in prestigious corporations, who have nurtured me a lot in my career later on.

Starting my career since my second year, I have been challenging myself in both creative agency and client categories. One of the most remarkable experiences was the time I got the position at GHN as a digital team lead and joined with Google to create a new business service that utilized GHN's driver workforce to verify locations in Google My Business. This chance gave me insights on how to carry out and utilize sufficient customer's research, implement feasibility digital plans, apply my creativity in seasonal campaigns but still maintaining aligned with the company's operational mechanism.

"Effective managers live in the present but concentrate on the future." - James L. Hayes. Unfortunately, I am well aware that my current expertise, analytical abilities in understanding the intricacies involved in customer understanding, strategic management or financial management are limited to some extent. Therefore, I need to equip myself with theoretical and practical knowledge to pursue my long-term goal. On research further about the Strategic Marketing Management program, I was attracted by the curriculum, which covers a broad spectrum of courses from basics to complex Marketing topics. One reason making BI stand out is the program mainly focuses on statistical analysis and customer in-depth research, which helps marketers give the exact data-driven strategies for each industrial market, evaluate and adjust for the financial investment at managerial level. The school is ranked among the best university has a high percentage of international students in Norway and I would love to be part of diverse cultures, contribute and promote your school to Vietnamese students. Moreover, I have heard a sharing of alumni that Norway is the home to many international businesses, which will help me in building strong professional and academic connections and exploring the working culture of different countries. I will be very delighted if being granted admission for studying in BI, this will undeniably be a crucial part of my future career as it enables me to meet potential leaders from all over the world and I will use any golden chance to mark a substantial progress and thus devote to NGO's marketing performance in Vietnam.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
-----

Home / Scholarship / Applying For Master Degree majoring in Strategic Marketing Management