I BELIEVE - NTU SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY (MY VALUES AND BELIEFS)

SirNeutron 2 / 1 1  
TOPIC: MY VALUES AND BELIEFS
NOTE: On the contrary to my previous essay, I have written a completely new one, starting afresh.

Growing up in a typical Indian middle class household, I moralise and believe in the quote "Shraddha Aur Saburi". It is Sanskrit for 'Patience and Dedication'.

I believe in excellence. People tend to misunderstand excellence for success and get involved in the rat race of becoming successful. This is not only a case in India, where students are tearing themselves apart for the JEE or so, but also a case in the whole world.

Success is the destination. People seek this destination but often tend to forget the path leading to it, excellence. I believe in excellence, not success. Success comes inevitably when one excels.

Like "Shraddha", one must dedicate himself to his work. My father is my inspiration and it is he who taught me how to dedicate myself. I remember being volatile and always bubbling with energy. It was hard to channelize all that energy but the challenge was worth it.

One may not always get their desired results even after applying themselves. "Saburi" played an important role in my life and taught me about being patient. One may not achieve the desired results each time; patience plays an integral part here. Patience is a hard fruit to bear, even more for a volatile person like me.

My beliefs did not build in a day. I recall remembering the quote "Shraddha Aur Saburi" the day I stood clutching my 'Certificate of Merit' after my Board Examination results came out. I had never felt so happy before.

I am young but I too have dreams; dreams of success and glory. Studying at NTU will bring me one step closer to my dream. It won't be easy at all but I believe in myself.

I really do.
I moralise and believe in the quote "Shraddha Aur Saburi". It is Sanskrit for 'Patience and Dedication'.

I strongly believe in the quote " Shraddha Aur Saburi", meaning "Patience and Dedication" in Sanskrit.

People tend to misunderstand excellence for success and get involved in the rat race of becoming successful.

People often misunderstand excellence for success for which we get ourselves involved in the rat race.

Success comes inevitably when one excels. Like "Shraddha", one must dedicate himself to his work.

Success invariably will follow you when you excel, like when you are dedicated to what you do.

Home / Scholarship / I BELIEVE - NTU SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY (MY VALUES AND BELIEFS)