Benefit of becoming a GOI-IES scholar - pursuing master's degree in Data Science and Data Analytics

nabilah_hannan 4 / 8 2  

Mine and Ireland's benefits of choosing GOI-IES study

What is the benefit of becoming a GOI-IES scholar, to yourself (personally and professionally), to Ireland, and to your country of origin?

I strongly believe that Ireland would be an excellent destination to pursue a master's degree in Data Science and Data Analytics for graduates who have technical or mathematical problem-solving skills because the curriculum is very well-designed and as per industry requirements. A qualifying degree along with certifications of the basic technology adopted at the industrial level will be the key criteria for me to become a professional data scientist and data analyst. Ireland is well-known as IT-hub of Europe and there is a 50% increase in the demand for a graduate in MSc Data Analytics in Ireland for the last 5 years, so I will have a lot of job opportunities to improve my expertise in data analytics and data science. An MS in Data Analytics and Data Science in Ireland would be apt to master business and data understanding. By studying data analytics in Ireland, I will be equipped with the required skills that be able to support me to be a professional data scientist and data analyst in the long run. For example, I will be able to solve complex scientific problems and analyze large data sets using a range of theoretical tools. Then, MSc in data analytics in Ireland is mostly coupled with computing science or data analytics, which enables me to take up roles as a data analyst as well as a data scientist. Because my education background in information technology, it means that I am good at computing and mathematics, I believe the master in data analytics in Ireland is the right choice for me. My future career is being a lecturer with data science and data analytics specialization, so if I have the skills that match with industrial requirements, then I will be able to produce human resources matched with market needs. One of Ireland's targets in 2025 is to be engaged in more people-to-people exchanges by business, academia, culture and civil society. Currently, Indonesia and Ireland collaborate on research and higher education. Among other things, by agreeing to exchange lecturers, researchers, and experts, and promote joint scientific and research programs and projects. The collaboration was marked by the signing of a memorandum of understanding between Minister of Research, Technology and Higher Education Mohamad Nasir and Irish Minister of Education and Skills Richard Bruton, at the Office of the Ministry of Research and Technology, Jakarta, Monday 17 September 2018. Indonesia-Ireland is expected to jointly develop human resources and strengthen bilateral relations in the fields of research and science. Indonesia and Ireland agreed to carry out joint research in 3 fields, namely information, communication and technology (ICT), agriculture and energy. Accepting me as one of the awardees is one of Ireland's steps in realizing a collaboration program with Indonesia, namely increasing cooperation in the scholarship program. Certainly, my great experience studying story in Ireland will make Ireland be recognized as a great place to study, especially in IT because I will recommend Ireland to others. If I get a master's degree in data science and data analytics and master it, I who want to be a lecturer will certainly be able to support the improvement of human resources in data management, which certainly will greatly support the progress of Indonesia because, in Indonesia, the available data scientist is less than needed, data management in Indonesia is still inefficient and fragmented, and data science is not yet a priority in Indonesian universities in general. Besides it, by being a lecturer, I can help the collaboration between Indonesia and Ireland in data science and analytics research. For Indonesia, Ireland is a strategic partner because it is the only English-speaking country in the European Union. Through increasing the number of students from Asia Pacific countries and improving academic mobility between Ireland and target countries, Ireland can achieve the targets in Irish Educated: Globally Connected.

Please check my essay :)
The essay needs work. There are two aspects for discussion that are required for presentation. You have over discussed the professional benefits of being a scholar in this essay. What you need to do now is shorten that discussion, focus only on the career development aspect of the discussion. You know what your future is supposed to be, so discuss how the scholarship can help you achieve that. Then stop after explaining that part. Move on to the personal development that the scholarship can offer you. This should be in relation to the global community that you will be a participant of. How do you see yourself contributing to the program so that the international participants will be able to experience a social and cultural exchange and experience. Go beyond just the academic and professional benefits of the program. How does your participation help widen the learning experience on a personal note for everyone involved? What do you hope to gain personally from your participation in the program? These considerations will help you revise the essay so that it offers a more comprehensive look at both sides of the program, not just the professional side.
OP nabilah_hannan 4 / 8 2  

Thank you very much, Sir/Madam

Home / Scholarship / Benefit of becoming a GOI-IES scholar - pursuing master's degree in Data Science and Data Analytics