Carrer goals, financial information - scholarship essay

pinkpoet 1 / 6 5  
i am applying for a scholarship award where i am required to submit a one page typed letter outlining my qualification for the award. i am also required to submit another page where i have to talk about my carrer goals, financial information and also talk about how my career goals will contribute to the community in the future. can someone please help me with that. this is what i haave so far.

Going into the Health sector has always been one of my biggest aspirations in life. Ever since I was a child, being a doctor, a nurse or working in a field where I had the chance to improve the health of others have always been my dreams. When I came to Canada in December 2011, I was determined to make my dreams a reality. Moving to a foreign country was hard for me and my family, at first. It was like starting your life over from scratch. You have to learn the cultures, learn about the people, the different food varieties, make new friends and everything else that there is/ was to know. Ever determined to succeed, I never gave up on my dreams and aspirations. Coming from a low income household did not deter my ambitions and motivation to succeed. Focus and drive, in fact, have been my tools of success; starting high school in Canada and volunteering opened new doors of experiences and the opportunity to get involved with my community. I was involved with Ecylpse Youth Centre, where I volunteered for a year and 8 months. Through my service, I learned how to promote and spread the idea of non-violence in the community. I also volunteered with PLASP Child Care Services for almost 2 years. Working with kids was a great experience and a passion of mine. I had a chance to be a role model, teaching myself and the children to grow with responsibility and humility and respect. I love working with children. I hope to fulfil my long awaited goal to become a Paediatrician one day. In the PLASP program, I helped to create a fun and safe environment for the kids there, and also making sure that they participate wholeheartedly in their daily duties and activities. Being a focused and well rounded high school student, with a 4.0 average, I look for opportunities to better my education and help uplift my community. First, I hope to take a course in Health Science like nursing, where I can practise and improve my skills and eventually go on further into the medical field where I can use my previous nursing experiences to become a better doctor. I strongly believe that I will hugely benefit from the scholarship award, because I am very passionate and driven by my goal to become a doctor. I am also positive that my kind-heartedness, my outgoing personality, my love for reading, drive to learn, and problem solving attributes, are ones that will allow me to succeed in the health care industry.

I believe that getting involved with the community has allowed me to maintain my stability of improving my experience and also giving me the opportunity to pursue my interest and be more passionate about what I love. I am confident that I will achieve my dreams and aspirations and with the commitment that I have I am very confident that I will make it in life. Finally, I am very happy and enthusiastic to pursue my future goal.
narjisfatima 1 / 2  
well done...just look for more synonyms for writing...few grammar errors....teaching myself and the children to grow with responsibility and humility and respect....I look for opportunities to better(enhance) my education....I will hugely (immensely) benefit from the scholarship award.... good luck.:)
OP pinkpoet 1 / 6 5  
thank you so much narjisfatima. you are awesome and infact that was very helpful :)
a35817126as 1 / 4  
Wow, your essay is great. And I totally understand you and respect you because I'm going to start my new life in Canada, too, to attend graduate school next year. You are just a high school student. Well, where are you from?
OP pinkpoet 1 / 6 5  
thats nice and Canada i a very nice place with nice people. i am from England my parents are originally from Africa

Home / Scholarship / Carrer goals, financial information - scholarship essay