Home / Scholarship % width Posts: 2

Challenges and barriers that you expect you may face in applyins skills and knowledge.

Layson Manga 2 / 2  
Hi Everyone, Please help me with this Scholarship essay.
Identify the challenges and barriers that you expect you may face, on your return, in applying the skills, knowledge, and linkages you gain from your scholarship study.

Explain how you will overcome these and what you will do to effectively contribute to the country's development.

In a typical Papua New Guinean society, discrimination based on age, ethnicity, and gender is prevalent and such can be expected in my transition to working as a female vet. Many clients' expectations may be that a vet would be an experienced male and not a recently graduated female with less experience and they will question medical roles and procedures.

Self-sufficiency and self-doubt can be emotional challenges arising from such apart from others.

Fortunately, Papua New Guinea is slowly but surely accepting young women from any background of culture and traditions who can get educated and strive in male-dominated and unique fields of career. Women who pioneered careers in the country's science and veterinary services as vets, technicians, and specialists are my role models and I am assured and motivated to overcome these challenges, as they have done before me.

Having good mentorship through colleagues, friends, families, or external connections and regular self-care and self-evaluation checks to prevent stress, burn-out, or mental health issues can suppress one's self-doubt. A clear mind and stable self-esteem will allow me to effectively apply my skills and knowledge to the best of my abilities.
Do not focus solely on gender discrimination in your response. You have to expand on the answer by considering all the sections mentioned in the writing guide. I do not see a response to the most important question regarding the links or network you will gain as a student in Australia, with the veterinary needs of Papua New Guinea. You have not justified how you will use your new skills and knowledge to help improve vet care in your country either. The focus is solely on gender discrimination and its effects on your mental health. That is not the only consideration for your admission to the program. You have to depict how your completion of this course will be of value to the veterinary field of your home country.

Home / Scholarship / Challenges and barriers that you expect you may face in applyins skills and knowledge.