Chapman; challenges me as individual, and shapes me as a person by enhancing my knowledge and skills

08woodsh 2 / 3  
Please provide a statement (250 words minimum) that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve.
Why Chapman? While some initial reasons might be that it is listed as one of the best colleges in the Princeton Review, or it is in Orange County where sun is always shining and the waves are "totally wicked", or simply because the movie Accepted was filmed there, but these are not my reasons, OK! Those are a part of it, but not the whole reason I want to attend. Mainly, I want to attend Chapman for its diversity, its religious values, its student to faculty ratio, and its film program.

The reason I want to attend Chapman because of its diversity and religious values. I believe diversity is very important on campus because it allows students to view other people's perspectives that are different from their own. When I found out that Chapman "celebrates and teaches diversity through events, speakers, student clubs, and workshops". I became very impressed in the university's "deep commitment to diversity" by promoting it towards their students. I also became impressed with Chapman's religious values. As a woman of God, faith is a part my daily life; so when I discovered that the university has a "rich spiritual heritage". I became astounded because some colleges are not very open with their affiliated religion. In addition, I discovered that the university has a chapel "located at the crossroads of the campus". I found it pleasing to know that students like me have a place to worship on campus. Therefore, Chapman will not only broaden my horizon, but satisfy my spiritual needs as well.

Another reason I want to attend Chapman is because of its student to faculty ratio and film program. I am impressed with Chapman's "exceptional 15:1 student-faculty ratio" because I attend community college where class sizes are small as well. Thus, I have familiarly with this class setting. Smaller classes give students comfort, unlike overwhelming crowded lecture hall. Students should be at ease when they come to class. Also, I am extremely amazed by Chapman's Dodge College of Film and Media Arts and the degrees it offers. Although my main concentration is film production, I am interested in the B.F.A. in Creative Producing because it "prepares [students] for a career in production and distribution for the film and television industry". If I am accepted to Chapman University, this program will allow me to learn more about the inner workings of the film business and will advance me in my career as a film producer. Therefore, Chapman will provide me with a stimulating learning environment and my career.

Ultimately, I plan to achieve academically at the University As a prospective Chapman student. Although there will probably be some obstacles in my way of achieving this goal, I know that I will overcome them because of my determination to succeed as a student. As I graduate from Chapman, I will remember the teachings that "lead" me to an "ethical and productive [life] as global citizens".
waikin 3 / 10  
are you applying for winter admission as well through common app? I am from Malaysia and I want to major in business administration and transfer to a good uni with my below average cgpa of 2.5. any good suggestion?
OP 08woodsh 2 / 3  
Well? If your applying to colleges in California, a cal-state could be good, but some colleges don't care about gpas; so they say. Or you can apply to community college because the have good resources international students.

Home / Undergraduate / Chapman; challenges me as individual, and shapes me as a person by enhancing my knowledge and skills