Chevening choice of course - Conflict and Security

Tobechukwu 3 / 8  

essay regarding three programs chosen

My three choices are centred on a degree in peace mediation and diplomacy., successful completion of this programme will place me on the career path of a diplomat. My desire for such knowledge is influenced by the situation in my country fueled with security challenges, ethnic and communal disputes which have produced the infamous Fulani Herdsmen crisis, Bokoharam terror attacks and calls for secession.This programme provides me with a thorough understanding of how such conflicts originate and peaceful means of resolving them. It complements my academic background as a historian; utilizing my knowledge of African societies and their thought patterns. Resolving conflict calls for advocacy , which I have performed as a publicist in the Ministry of Water resources and communications officer for vaccination in rural areas under the World Health Organization. I have chosen the following universities and courses:Peace conflict and diplomacy in London Metropolitan University , Conflict, Governance and International Development at the University of East Anglia and Conflict Displacement and Human Security at the University of East London.

I choose Peace conflict and diplomacy at the London Metropolitan University, to advance my prospects of solving conflict issues in my country through the knowledge such a course offers, enabling me to participate in the various Peace building programmes ongoing in my country such as the UNCHR. Also through its courses on diplomacy I can begin a career in the public sector. My academic background as a historian is a stimulus for my choice as It furthers my understanding of world processes to include the processes of relations between countries making it a suitable course in my future career plan as a peacebuilder.

Conflict Governance and International Development at the University of East Anglia concentrates on the role of governance in conflict processes this is linked to my historical study in emerging Afircan states, and useful for my ambitioin in the public sector . Its course on media and International development is an in-depth view on the use of media for mass mobilisation, as a professional photographer this course will broaden my horizon on ways to utilize media skills for development. Thus East Anglia utilizes my academic background in history and professional experience in the government sector and media industry.

Conflict Displacement and Human Security at the University of East London is a degree centred on the after effects of conflict ; particularly displacement of people this appeals to me because of the prevalence of Internally displaced persons and refugees in my country which now call for emerging specialist in refugee issues. Refugees come from different regions and it is important to know the background of these regions My academic knowledge covers cultural, geographic and migration patterns of the people in my country making me poised for such a task.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@Tobechukwu
Hello! Thanks for your consistent contributions to the site. This is my feedback for this essay of yours.

Firstly, try to de-clutter your essay by writing more simply. For example, that initial thesis statement from the introduction can still be improved if only you had focused more on structuring the essay with more precision. The first sentence can be improved if you simplified the formatting and introduced these three choices straight from the get-go. Avoid beating around the bush when you're introducing critical information that are fundamental to your application. Only do this when you're dealing with material that's for creative purposes.

Furthermore, try adding a concluding paragraph by the end of all of the universities. Briefly state here a summation of all the universities, and your take on which ones are on top of your preferences. This portion should be dedicated on showing that, regardless of which university you would be categorized in, you are still determined to approach the situation with ease.

Home / Scholarship / Chevening choice of course - Conflict and Security